VW massaging emission figures

vantastic84

Sep 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah they in big doggy doo doo, but still clever.
When Steering wheel is straight and engine running for a little while the engine lowers emissions, clever basards!

I thought it was that under the emissions test the cars front wheels only turned so they made the car run in "eco mode" when the rear wheels are stationary running lower emissions?

adsfisher

Sep 6, 2015
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Had to laugh at the amount of people complaint they had bought a car they thought was kind to the environment and now feel cheated by VW that their car 8s not as kind as they thought.

Want to be kind to the environment get out of your car and walk!

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
worked for me too, seems like its now a waiting game to confirm whats going to happen

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
I'm affected also so we will see what comes of it. My ECU was re-mapped with REVO at a genuine Seat Dealership and i'm delighted with it's performance. So i doubt any solution they come up with will leave me as happy with the car as i have now.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
As I expected mine is effected, I wouldn't be surprised if all diesel Exeo's were to be honest as we're running the EA189 power plants & the car is too old for the newer EA2xx (can't rem no's). Even the Mk3 Leon's mixed with the EA189 engines.

I think it's taken the VW group a bit long to release this information - a lot of people have been left in limbo/without answers for too long.

We'll see what they'll do about it. I've seen a few things on the net showing the car still makes peak power when in the emission defeat mode but it loses out on power and torque throughout the rev range. At the end of the day nobody is going to be happy with less power no matter how they spin it; it's all about drive-ability and if they remap them so they become less flexible in every day driving everyone will notice.

I doubt there will be compensation but I bet they'll offer manufacturer backed trade in values + extra to entice us to upgrade within the brand. I can see the marketing guys at VW rubbing their hands together at the prospect ready to tap into the millions of people who like their product and didn't consider emissions when they chose the cars in the first place. Everyone likes a (perceived) bargain at the end of the day.

I could be tempted into a cupra ST to be fair :)

CoupeKing

Apr 20, 2014
Mine is not affected: 2011 (11 plate) 143 sport tech saloon tdi.
Quite surprised by that to be honest but not complaining.

adsfisher

Sep 6, 2015
Just checked mine too. Seems mine is affected and they will contact me in due course.............

I want to know what they are actually going to do? Reports are whatever they do will lower power and increase MPG. Rather not have anything done then....leave me out out of it!!

Derbian

Aug 12, 2013
Derby
Interesting, the Seat system says mine isn't affected. It's a 143 SE Tech Facelift model registered 1/1/2013 so built in late 2012 and I would have thought it should be. Will wait and see just in case.

adsfisher

Sep 6, 2015
Interesting, the Seat system says mine isn't affected. It's a 143 SE Tech Facelift model registered 1/1/2013 so built in late 2012 and I would have thought it should be. Will wait and see just in case.

That is interesting because mine is the late 2011 version and I was under the assumption the later the car the more chance of the hack......:confused:

Mine is also the 143......

Last edited:

Leodis

May 30, 2011
Well my late 2010 143 SE Tech is effected, looking at the previous posts it almost seems random as to who is effected and who is not.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Dave_Exeo

Mar 11, 2015
N.Wales
Just checked my 2012 62 reg 143 sport tech ST and I have a affected engine, suppose I just have to sit and wait now to see what happens when they contact me. Bit gutted as I've just payed to have a remap installed last month lol.

Quite like decadant's idea about being offered better trade in price or discount on new seat incentives. Im itching for a Cupra 280 ST lol....but that's me day dreaming again

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
SEAT - Edinburgh got in touch with me today confirming my car registration/ vin number.
Now it's a waiting game as to what happens next.

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Well my late 2010 143 SE Tech is effected, looking at the previous posts it almost seems random as to who is effected and who is not.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Seeing that clearly not all engines are identical, it makes me wonder if that could be why people have been reporting such variations in achieved fuel efficiencies on here.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.