Wanted - OEM Manual/Download for Blaupunkt RNS310

zephead

Hi Folks,

My K1 came fitted with what I believe to be the RNS310 Media/Nav System; looking at some photos, it could be the RNS510 but the car was registered in March 2009 and I don't believe that the 510 was available then (?).

Unfortunately, the user guide is absent and it’s looking like the dealership are unable to assist. I’ve carried out extensive searches on-line and contacted Bosch/Blaupunkt but I’m getting nowhere.

Would anyone happen to have the manual in PDF format that I could grab from them?

Many thanks,

Keith.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Have you tried VW as the RNS 310 is fitted to thenew Polo and Touran. You would of thought getting a manual would be easy these day's as so many are no online :confused:

stevesLeon

found something on Skoda Amundsen unit which I'm pretty sure is the RNS310 - PM me your email address and I'll forward on to you.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
It'll be the RNS510 mate, its been out for about 2 years.

I think the RNS310 only came with the facelift leon's.

zephead

Thanks fellas!

I have to say that it's puzzling me as there appears to be no SD card slot either; I should really post a photo.

Steve I will PM you, ta.

Keith.

P.S. I keep changing the "what you drive" field in my signature and saving changes but it appears that I'm still driving my old LCR (?????).

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Thanks fellas!

I have to say that it's puzzling me as there appears to be no SD card slot either; I should really post a photo.

Steve I will PM you, ta.

Keith.

P.S. I keep changing the "what you drive" field in my signature and saving changes but it appears that I'm still driving my old LCR (?????).

Here is a pic of an RNS 310 an RNS 510 has 8 instead of 6 buttons and 2 instead of 3 control buttons.

rns310.png

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
i have the rns510 manual in pdf if its that you need.

(i hope you have it, its a much better unit!)

It is a better unit but the RNS 310 is the only option with the FL Leon. Only upside is the SD slot and ability to download the map to an SD card without using a computer. It is also about £600 cheaper and actual sound quality is pretty much the same as far as I could tell.

zephead

JezyG, thanks for putting up that pic. That is not my unit as it does have 8 buttons and 2 control knobs but as I say, no SD card slot.

Chris, I'd like to get the 510 PDF from you on that basis if it's still OK. I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers,

Keith.

BigDawgBaker

Guys. I am looking at taking a new Leon, FR170 with the Seat Media System. Does the Sat Nav have FULL postcode search and is it any good?

Cheers

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Guys. I am looking at taking a new Leon, FR170 with the Seat Media System. Does the Sat Nav have FULL postcode search and is it any good?

Cheers

The RNS 310 only lets you enter the first four charachters of a postcode then it asks for the street, it does good job and with the large MFD on the dash it works very well.

BigDawgBaker

So it does a good job of taking you where you need to be? I am using mine for work, so I need a reliable Sat Nav and to be honest, TomTom does a really good job.

Can you add POI's?

Does anyone know if you can add more than one phone aswell to tbe Bluetooth? i.e. a work one and a personal one as the same time? Does it also come up with the name on the screen?

Cheers

LP6

So it does a good job of taking you where you need to be? I am using mine for work, so I need a reliable Sat Nav and to be honest, TomTom does a really good job.

Can you add POI's?

Does anyone know if you can add more than one phone aswell to tbe Bluetooth? i.e. a work one and a personal one as the same time? Does it also come up with the name on the screen?

Cheers

You can only add your favorite places not POIs. Well, at least I haven't found a way to do it yet.

If you have more than one phone number for a person the Media System or the bluetooth interface downloads them as separate contact with identical names, so you will get one for mobile, work, home etc. each. It's a bit crude but it works. There's a logic with the order of the numbers imported. Business comes first then home and then mobile, if I recall it correctly.
Both the name and the number are visible on the screen when someone calls.

-LP-

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members