Wanting a Mk2 Ibiza Cupra

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Congrats on your new purchase mate, you wont be disappointed! If I had just bought one this is what id do first....

1. Oil/Filter change
2. New plugs/leads/Dizz cap
3. Give Throttle body a good clean out.
4. New air filter / clean out and check induction kit (if fitted)

Stuff you can check at your own leisure but will inevitably need doing.....

1. Check pedal box for cracks in the welds (see numerous posts on here!)If its cracked it WILL snap eventually, better to sort it out now.
2. Fit a new coil...it WILL give up eventually.
3. Fit a new crank sensor, if your car starts cutting out/spluttering like 90% of em eventually do, chances are this is the culprit.
4. Clean out your Idle control valve.
5. Service your brakes, take the calipers off the sliders, clean em all up and re-grease, fit new pads if needed, bleed system.
6. Check for oil around your top cover, fit a new cam cover gasket if needed.
7. Change coolant and flush out Rad.

All the info you will ever need is on the posts on this very forum, take a bit of time to read some of them, if you need any help just shout! Welcome to the world of Mk2 ownership!

After all that lot your good to go!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Congrats on your new purchase mate, you wont be disappointed! If I had just bought one this is what id do first....

1. Oil/Filter change
2. New plugs/leads/Dizz cap
3. Give Throttle body a good clean out.
4. New air filter / clean out and check induction kit (if fitted)

Stuff you can check at your own leisure but will inevitably need doing.....

1. Check pedal box for cracks in the welds (see numerous posts on here!)If its cracked it WILL snap eventually, better to sort it out now.
2. Fit a new coil...it WILL give up eventually.
3. Fit a new crank sensor, if your car starts cutting out/spluttering like 90% of em eventually do, chances are this is the culprit.
4. Clean out your Idle control valve.
5. Service your brakes, take the calipers off the sliders, clean em all up and re-grease, fit new pads if needed, bleed system.
6. Check for oil around your top cover, fit a new cam cover gasket if needed.
7. Change coolant and flush out Rad.

All the info you will ever need is on the posts on this very forum, take a bit of time to read some of them, if you need any help just shout! Welcome to the world of Mk2 ownership!

After all that lot your good to go!

Thats a pretty good list for a valver, only thing i'd add is check for signs of rust on sill and arches and stop it before it becomes worse

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Yep, suj is right, do the lot. Theyre all really cheap you shouldnt have to pay more than 20 quid for an air, fuel and oil filter. I even changed my pollen filter!, a snip at 4 quid! The biggest expense youll probably have is a new set of leads, did mine recently cost me 40 notes.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yep, like toonfiend said! all of them!
luckily i know someone who works for GSF, so got fuel/oil filter and oil for £17 woop woop!

yeah leads are a bloody expense! well my sparky's were expensive as i though i would go for NGK's (worth the money IMO)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.