Warning Beeps When Stationary With Driver's Door Open And Engine Running

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Is there any way to stop this bloody noise, or at least turn down the volume down??!!

Can't see anything obvious in the handbook or in vehicle settings. :rolleyes:

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
It is to tell you you have a door open (or partially open)and the engine is running, I believe killing the tone would involve the courtesy lights so stopping working.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Tell

Staff member
Suspect that may well be an Obdeleven / VCDS mod.

You get a beep if in gear with seat belt off.

It feels like this one on the Obdeleven thread:

Don't know whether you are into the joys of twiddling with Obdeleven (*)... got a thread on that on the standard Ateca side. That I suspect that is your solution if there is no menu option which I doubt. I've left my safety feature sounds as is but as said that isn't one I get. It's a DSG, I can wander around outside with the engine running door open no beeps.

(*) other VCDS tools are available but best to stick with the programming type rather than the per app type. Pro version of Obdeleven rather than the app version or those other dongle devices. Need an Android phone / tablet. You can use the sponsored Amazon reader Android Tablets for a cheap option if technically minded.

Mind you not sure whether they sorted it out on that thread but there will be others. Mind you on that thread when they talk about the app credits why you do it with the Pro version, no costs attached to twiddling with stuff and you are doing it directly.

I start off with a Google like this then search for a coding mod that you then find in the Obdeleven screens:

Mind you it might be one of those things that VAG dont want you to change. Something for the winter nights perhaps.

Tell

Staff member
Carried on looking across the net at Spanish and German forums. You really have to experiment but this looked promising:

Or not. But a reported common issue with Cupra Ateca's.

Others Google's may throw it up. That's how I do it for Obdeleven / VCDS coding searching German, Spanish and Italian boards. I didnt find anything on the Spanish Ateca side. It's possible that behaviour is on other VAG models... the German Ateca board had identified the issue. It has not been something that I've come across on Ateca boards before and nobody has asked how to turn it off, so suspect it might be specific to Ateca Cupra coding ? Or just my DSG doesnt do it and manual drivers don't moan about it so it never comes up...

Another thread for another VAG car said set it to German in the dash then convert back to F temperatures. Felt like a US specific requirement and it was frigged by taking a European profile.

So in summary the solution if there is one will be thru coding. Just a question of researching it.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.