Warranty work problems

Ryeh82

Sep 20, 2006
bradford
Evening all. My carhas been at the dealer for loss of radio signal (AM) and xenon self levelling and auto lights problems. So pick the car up and they said radio is fixed someyhing to do with (TPI) ??? and not storing and holding station??? As for the lights i had the warning symbol last week for self levelling problem,also when on auto the lights come on but the dash doesnt illuminate during the day ie through tunnels or if outside light dulls if that makes sense??? They also dont move up n down to level when starting up at night which i use to be able to see them do.
They said the car hasnt registered a fault and that on a test run everything worked fine!!! Also the radio lost signal on way back home!!! so back to square one!!! Car is back in next week for further investigation as they didnt even check that it wasnt self leveling.

Any thoughts???

andycupra

status subject to change
call them back, explain you have given them opportunity to fit the fault which they have not done nor investigate properly.
Explain that you will given them a second chance, that they will give you appropriate courtest car and somehow compensate you for your time and efforts.
Then add that if its not fixed after 2 opportunities to repair the faults that you will seek replacement of the faulty car with a brand new one :)

Ryeh82

Sep 20, 2006
bradford
Cheers, Ive already spoken to them whilst still there and they booked it straight back in for next monday. So will see if they sort everything out!!! Ive got to pay £7.50 per day for curtesy car which seems a bit of a joke. I dont think id br able to say I want a replacement car as it was a used car from dealer 12month old ex demo car. So ive got about 18months warranty left. Im sure they wont have sorted it by next week !!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Evening all. My carhas been at the dealer for loss of radio signal (AM) and xenon self levelling and auto lights problems. So pick the car up and they said radio is fixed someyhing to do with (TPI) ??? and not storing and holding station??? As for the lights i had the warning symbol last week for self levelling problem,also when on auto the lights come on but the dash doesnt illuminate during the day ie through tunnels or if outside light dulls if that makes sense??? They also dont move up n down to level when starting up at night which i use to be able to see them do.
They said the car hasnt registered a fault and that on a test run everything worked fine!!! Also the radio lost signal on way back home!!! so back to square one!!! Car is back in next week for further investigation as they didnt even check that it wasnt self leveling.

Any thoughts???
Try another stealership, could be to techi is not that good ?@ , perhaps some members for your location know a better/reliable stealership ??

Mafu

'Send Her On Brother'
Apr 21, 2010
separate issue but try another dealership - better half's leon went to one for warranty work on the radio (Knackered antenna) they told us, after 2 days of testing, it was a Northern Irish Spec car and that radio waves are different over there and that we should drive it to Scotland to see if it works there (I kid you not!!!) took it to annother dealer and the fault was diagnosed within an hour and new parts to be fitted at our convenience.

milner575

Jun 10, 2012
hereford
separate issue but try another dealership - better half's leon went to one for warranty work on the radio (Knackered antenna) they told us, after 2 days of testing, it was a Northern Irish Spec car and that radio waves are different over there and that we should drive it to Scotland to see if it works there (I kid you not!!!) took it to annother dealer and the fault was diagnosed within an hour and new parts to be fitted at our convenience.

:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mafu

'Send Her On Brother'
Apr 21, 2010
yep, that was the respond of the Seat Garage we contacted about it... couldnt believe it.

Gonna write a wee letter to seat UK just to let them know and see what they say..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.