Was oil changed?

whiteknee

Apr 9, 2007
2 months ago bought 02 Ibiza Tdi S 100 from SEAT dealer. They said they would carry out 60,000 service. Now about 2000 miles on, oil and spanner LCD are flashing up. I remember checking oil level after purchase and thinking the oil was a bit dark but thought perhaps that was normal for the special oil used.

Can anybody help with oil colour and oil/spanner issues?? I have read that oil/spanner LCD sometimes come on for no reason but should I reset and ignore or investigate further?

Unfortunately car didn't come with handbook (apparently lost) so I am relying on this site a bit for info/advice.

Many thanks

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
The oil in TDI's is instantly turned black as soon as it gets into the engine so I wouldn't worry about the colour. Regarding the supposed service it should have been recorded on the SEAT computer system and your dealer should be able to printout the service history of the car. As for the handbook I am sure a dealer can obtain a new book and attach a printout inside it for evidence, go back and question them you have effectivly paid for the service so you should at least have a piece of paper saying so.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
As Ian said, quite a few people have checked their oil after a service and thought the dealer hadn't changed it - but in the TDIs it really does go instantly black.

As for the service indicator, it just sounds like it hasn't been reset. Some are never set properly from new and just come on at completely wrong times...if you have vag-com you can set it properly yourself.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members