Water in passenger footwell and rear footwell

May 31, 2008
Hi guys, i have a slight problem, after the snow i have been having a problem with water getting in my passenger footwell and the footwell in the passenger seat behind it. I have checked the seals and sunroof but these dont seem to be the problem.

Im not sure whether i bottomed it out on the snow a few weeks ago but its since then in which the problem seems to be occuring.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys :D

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
have a butchers at your scuttle panel /pollen filter area for the front the back might just be the water seeping across the carpet as its a 3 door isnt it? mine gets water ingress to the boot, but thats mainly do to it not being a completely flush fit since its rear ender.

Sile-R

96-97-98 f2 champion
Oct 4, 2007
İstanbul / Turkey
:)

I know this problem...

İf you removed your interir door panel ( its so easy)... U will see a nylon cloth...

Nylon cloth is adhesive... If you repair adhesive nylon tarp. İt will be ok.

Rain water leaks inside from window wick.

Sorry for my english :)

Last edited:

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
could be many things, blocked scuttle drains, sunroof drains, door membranes, door seals, boot seal. i know its a bit of a pain in the rear but best thing to do is strip out the carpet and get in with someone running a hose pipe over itkeeping your onions peeled for where its coming in

May 31, 2008
all sorted ended up my sunroof drainage pipes were blocked, thankin you muchly kyle :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members