Water in the boot!!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Useless Spanish build quality!!

Tryed to wash the rear screen last week on the way to the RS Tuning RR day and nothing happened. It was -3.5C so I just thought it had frozen. As the weather has been a little warmer the last few days I tryed it again but only had about a 2" jet of water and a boot full of water :censored:

So today I wipped the boot plastics off to have a look ot the washer moter.
The water feed pipe is just a push on fitting onto the motor and it had cracked and poped off. Very bad design.

So I cut off the crappy push fit connection and added a little piece of silicon vac pipe and a hose clip I had in my toolbox, job done properly now :)

Pics to follow tonight.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Useless Spanish build quality!!

Tryed to wash the rear screen last week on the way to the RS Tuning RR day and nothing happened. It was -3.5C so I just thought it had frozen. As the weather has been a little warmer the last few days I tryed it again but only had about a 2" jet of water and a boot full of water :censored:

So today I wipped the boot plastics off to have a look ot the washer moter.
The water feed pipe is just a push on fitting onto the motor and it had cracked and poped off. Very bad design.

So I cut off the crappy push fit connection and added a little piece of silicon vac pipe and a hose clip I had in my toolbox, job done properly now :)

Pics to follow tonight.

Mine did this last winter. I guess the pressure buildup is too great when the water is forzen.

I found some tiny little clips at work that are stopping mine from popping off again, even if i forget they might be forzen.

But yes, bad build design.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yea, its prob will be from the buils up of pressure mate.

I now have another problem. Interior light wont come on when I unlock/open car door.. Must start a thread on it.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Fecking stupid thing still will not spray. It was spraying once I fixed the first damaged pipe but not now.
I cant find it leeking anyware in the car so its either leeking from where it comes out the washer bottle or someware like that or the actuale jet/nozzel is blocked.

happylad

old boy racer
Oct 22, 2008
benfleet essex
Geez how did you find the washer pipe??? I cant get my boot lid inner card off!!! have removed all the screws but cannot see how it comes off. i take it that this IS where the pipe is as my washer is dead too.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The boot trip just pulls off once you hae removed the 5 screws. Once the screws are out the only thing keeping the trim on is about 6-8 metal spring clips. Dont be scared, just rive it off. I thought I would brake something but it just poped off.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Eventualy found it :D
It was a joint below the ECU that had come apart. Put it back togeather and all is fine again.
If you have the standard airbox then it will need to come out to get to it. I'm running a open cone filter so I just needed to undo 1 hose clip and the electrical plug on the MAF to get to it (once I found where it was coming from).

Pics to follow tonight.