Water injection

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
I just got a Aquamist 2d system and am planning to have it installed before the weekend. I have a drag race on saturday so i hope it will be functional by then. If somebody hase some photos of the install it would be appriciated. And what water tank are you using, i am thinking about going with the 3 liter one.

Cheers

flashbsd

just use your 6.6l screenwash bottle mate, the aquamist has a filter to filter out rubbish incase the tank is dirty, plus your not carrying extra weight then.

do you have an aftermarket ecu system then? no gain getting the 2 over the 1s if not

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
If he uses the water washer bottle then he wont be able to put anti freeze in which means come winter the water could freeze and his aquamist wont work resulting in the motor possibly going up the swanny?

Better off having a bottle in the boot so the weather wont freeze it surely

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
flashbsd said:
just use your 6.6l screenwash bottle mate, the aquamist has a filter to filter out rubbish incase the tank is dirty, plus your not carrying extra weight then.

do you have an aftermarket ecu system then? no gain getting the 2 over the 1s if not

2d system doesnt require aftermarket ecu or mapping, it works off the flow from the injectors :whistle:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
flashbsd said:

Do think that's true - the 2d system connects to the fuel injector to measure the pulse width and then alter the amount of water it injects.

You're thinking of the 2c system?

flashbsd

:doh: sorry, i was getting confused!

Well yeah, but id unplug it in the winter tbh and put screenwash in.

p.s plz dont put anti-freeze in your screenwash bottle ;) joke :)

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
I will have the water tank in the boot for sure. Hope i can make it functional until the race. Will post the results when i come back, thanks for the input guys.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I only have a small washer bottle now, ~1ltr or summat..
goes to nearly empty in 8-10 laps round Combe. (1.84mile lap)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.