Water leak passenger footwells

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
iv striped the interior out wen the car was facing downhill after the rain came there was no watter inside. so turned car facing uphill and straight away i could see water coming in threw bulk head so im pritty sure its from below the scuttle. il try and be paitient with it....

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
iv striped the interior out wen the car was facing downhill after the rain came there was no watter inside. so turned car facing uphill and straight away i could see water coming in threw bulk head so im pritty sure its from below the scuttle. il try and be paitient with it....
Good luck!

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
tried being patient.... didnt work! found the leak was coming in threw th bulkhead around where the wiring loom comes threw. so a trip to seat to order a new scuttle. reasonable price at £22 i thought...

lex26

theres a bung under the carpet around there, when mine fell out it was proper soaked!

check it there really lol. fixed mine with some rubber and some sealant from work

now its bone dry again!

any instructions on how to get to it?

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
hey guys

me being daft whats a skuttle panel ? is it the plastic bit at the bottom of the windscreen ? with all the holes in etc?

Mujnu

can anyone tell me what could be causing this leak?
i dont think its the a/c because I've not used it.

Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone. Before I get flamed, I have done a forum search. ;)

My Ibiza has a water leak on the passenger side, rear footwell is completely soaking and the front one is just damp.

It's not the rear washer problem, the washer is working perfectly and the water coming in is definitely rain water and not screenwash.

I've also poured buckets of water down the side of the car, in and around the passenger door, but no water seems to come in.

I've got a feeling water is entering from the front and then running to the rear footwell as it is the lowest point in the car.

I thought I'd fixed it 2 or 3 weeks ago, I cleared a load of leaves from around a bung/plug in the scuttle panel on the passenger side. Obviously though this was not causing the problem.

Driver's side footwells are bone dry.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Jul 28, 2019

My Ibiza has a water leak on the passenger side, rear footwell is completely soaking and the front one is just damp.

It's not the rear washer problem, the washer is working perfectly and the water coming in is definitely rain water and not screenwash.

I've also poured buckets of water down the side of the car, in and around the passenger door, but no water seems to come in.

I've got a feeling water is entering from the front and then running to the rear footwell as it is the lowest point in the car.

I thought I'd fixed it 2 or 3 weeks ago, I cleared a load of leaves from around a bung/plug in the scuttle panel on the passenger side. Obviously though this was not causing the problem.

Jul 28, 2019
Hi I've had ibiza 1 week brand new the driver side rear foot well was flooded and damp in the front driver side to, took it back to dealer they said I had left rear window open a tad, I said I hadn't as no one had been in the rear.
So they shrugged it of by saying they changed something in rear door so window Dosnt drop, so of I went.
Dry weather so fine
Over past few days lots of rain ☔ & it's completely flooded drivers side again, so definitely rain getting in.
I'm of to the dealers with a video and not happy, I mentioned this forum and they ignored me, this time they won't, it's the 1st time I've bought a new car not made payment yet, so not sure on my rights are? Love the car but don't want fobbing of

Jul 28, 2019

Hi our ibiza is flooding inside every time it rains, the 1st time the car was in the dealers they blamed us for leaving a window slightly open, I challenged this as they said it was rear window open slightly, and at that time it was a week old and no one had sat in the rear, and you cannot open rear window from the front, they assured us they had fitted a safety device in the door so the window wouldn't drop again, annoyed I left and hoped it was sorted.
The rain storms hit again and again the car flooded inside, furious we booked it back into the workshop, they've removed the full carpet and underlay they said it was fully rotten! They said to my hubby on Saturday oh yes the window was open 2 inch! He was so annoyed and said it wasn't open and get it fixed or keep it, we've lodged a complaint with seat and waiting for them to make contact, so running round in a courtesy car still, we've emailed to say we want to reject the contract finance deal and no one has answered
No idea how water rain is getting in and wish we never signed on the dotted line, what can we do as how on earth can rain flood the inside of the car and nothing on the seats or doors etc feeling so frustrated with it all I've taken a video although it won't post as to large, was hoping this forum could help with others who have same problem

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.