Water leak....

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Mega strip out in progress. Rear quarter trim out, rear seat bottoms out, panel that runs along the sill inside the car is out, passenger seat has been moved so more carpet can be lifted. And still no sign of where it's coming in. :doh:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Dare I say it I THINK i might have cured it? Underlay is still pretty wet but it has been all week. No actual water under there anymore though....

Underlay is on the washing line now! :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it will most likely be door rubber seal at top of door frame not sittng flush orsnug enough or you door skin inside is not water tight and maybe leaking from door!

have you removed the door card and metal inner card on your car at all? best way to find leaks s to sit in the car and have a friend or a neibour if you have no friends to spray a hose over the car (take hose nozzle off end so its a thck heavy short flow and get them to spray it over everything and the person in the car should hear see where its coming from!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
it will most likely be door rubber seal at top of door frame not sittng flush orsnug enough or you door skin inside is not water tight and maybe leaking from door!

have you removed the door card and metal inner card on your car at all? best way to find leaks s to sit in the car and have a friend or a neibour if you have no friends to spray a hose over the car (take hose nozzle off end so its a thck heavy short flow and get them to spray it over everything and the person in the car should hear see where its coming from!

No i haven't but i've had the rear quarter trim off, the sill trim inside, the seat out and the backseat out and i've soaked it with a hose pipe to see where the water is coming from there isn't any sign anymore. :shrug: There's no water droplets anywhere or coming in anywhere......it must've been that rubber grommet not fitting right under the scuttle panel.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
na the bits youve removed and refitted wouldnt of made any diffrence

I know but it removed it all the see if i could see the water come in behind the panels. Like maybe if the fixed rear side window was leaking or something or if the door seal was leaking down behind the sill panel but it wasn't....

scotty76

No i haven't but i've had the rear quarter trim off, the sill trim inside, the seat out and the backseat out and i've soaked it with a hose pipe to see where the water is coming from there isn't any sign anymore. :shrug: There's no water droplets anywhere or coming in anywhere......it must've been that rubber grommet not fitting right under the scuttle panel.

How do you get access to this grommet? I popped the bonnet yesterday and couldn't work out how to get into that bit?

My car's ('03 TDI Sport) been leaking and I was out there in the rain on Sunday trying to find the leak. Could feel it was wet behind the glove box. Door seals all felt dry so I think the grommet may be the issue. I'm a bit of a novice but don't mind having a go. Don't want to take the car to the garage again as I've had a miserable year of failures on this car and they have had enough of my money! :( Thanks God it's doesn't go to the stealers, I'd have gone bankrupt long ago.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
How do you get access to this grommet? I popped the bonnet yesterday and couldn't work out how to get into that bit?

My car's ('03 TDI Sport) been leaking and I was out there in the rain on Sunday trying to find the leak. Could feel it was wet behind the glove box. Door seals all felt dry so I think the grommet may be the issue. I'm a bit of a novice but don't mind having a go. Don't want to take the car to the garage again as I've had a miserable year of failures on this car and they have had enough of my money! :( Thanks God it's doesn't go to the stealers, I'd have gone bankrupt long ago.

If you pull the rubber of along the lip at the back, then gently lift the scuttle panel up and stick your hand in. Like this:

P7150422.jpg

P7150421.jpg

scotty76

Thanks for that. I managed to have a look and it's full of leaf debris which is probably stopping the water draining. If it dries out a little I'll try and hoover it out. I can't quite get the bulk of it out with my fingers and I don't want to yank the scuttle panel too much.

Out of interest where does the water go from this bit? It looks like it just drains to the left as you are looking down on it but I cannot see another drain hole. Just worried there will be something else full of leaf gunk!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise