water on the passenger carpet

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
Hi guys. I can see this is a common issue but I'm fairly certain what the cause is. Would just like to run past it one of you for a second opinion.

I have a Mk1 Seat Leon 1.9Tdi Cupra, I have never had it leaking in water on the passenger carpet before.

On thursday I had a Major service at 53K miles.

Cam Belt £82 (including tensioner)
Pollen Kilter £6.75
Air Filter £9.38
Oil Filter £5.25
Fuel Filter £14.34
Diesel Fuel Treatment £11
Engine Flush £10
Oil £8

Was there anything else I should have had done, keeping in mind my next service will be around the 63K mark, I just thought I should get the cambelt done now.

Labour over 1.5 days in the garage, 250.

On sunday it pissed it down, on monday I drove it and swore I could hear a water sound like it was in a bowl or something, I noticed after a while that the passenger mat and behind it was soaking wet.

I thought it might have been a one of with the door seals struggling but tonight I found it again. The garage are all ready aware of the problem and he did mention something about the pollen overloading with water or something, that or the door seals, as I found other guides on this forum have explained.

Obviously my pollen filter has been changed, and when I noticed the the water again tonight, I turned the heaters on feet to max and heard strange flustering sounds and water swishing around?

Is this definately a problem with the pollen filter?

Is this easy for the garage to remedy tommorow, has it just not been sealed in properly. I don't want to lose my temper with them if this is a simple enough mistake that is common and easily fixable because I would like to use them in the future. Partly cause they are next door to my workplace. :happy:

What have they done wrong?

Thanks in advance.:D

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Pollen filter cover might not have been put back correctly, to drain the water away.

Them next door or not, if they are at fault they need to remedy it imho.

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
Is that this thing? (Nabbed from other thread)

pollen_cover.jpg

Mine is slightly loose, and it is not completely flush. As In you can move it. Should this not be the case?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
That's it should look like that one in the picture, also when you take it out you'll see the other "bits" that need to be pushed in first :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
the pollen filter outter housing has folded over the filter by the sound of things. this allows water to flow straight into the fan housing which then soaks through the carpet and gathers in the rear passenger floorwell. take it back and demand they fix the problem, also push for a new set of carpets - or they'll start to smell like a swamp if not properly dried out.

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
A bit belated, but I thought I should just say I got this sorted.

It wasn't the cover, it was the actuall filter going into the box had no not been put in properly, they refitted it, dried the car out and apologised.

VAG1NA LOVER

IF THE POLLEN FILTER JOB DONT WORK HAVE A LOOK IF YOUR RUBBED ON YOUR DOOR FRAMES HAVE HOLES IN THEM ,MINE DIDNT AND WHEN I USED TO GET IN MY LEON AFTER A DOWNPOOR I WAS SWIMMING WIV DUCKS IN BOTH FROUNT AND BACK SEAT.SIMPLE JOB JUST GET A 8MM DRILL AND DRILL APPROX 8 HOLeS AROUND THE DOORFRAME RUBBERS THIS WILL SORT IT OUT .;)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
IF THE POLLEN FILTER JOB DONT WORK HAVE A LOOK IF YOUR RUBBED ON YOUR DOOR FRAMES HAVE HOLES IN THEM ,MINE DIDNT AND WHEN I USED TO GET IN MY LEON AFTER A DOWNPOOR I WAS SWIMMING WIV DUCKS IN BOTH FROUNT AND BACK SEAT.SIMPLE JOB JUST GET A 8MM DRILL AND DRILL APPROX 8 HOLeS AROUND THE DOORFRAME RUBBERS THIS WILL SORT IT OUT .;)

Really bad advice. It's not the door rubbers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members