Waze and Android Auto - Audio Help Please

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I have been using Waze for the last few weeks and I cannot find a way to get the audio directions to come from the infotainment system. I can only hear them from my mobile phone. Has anyone managed to get the audio to come through the car speakers and if so can you point me in the right direction for instructions. My mobile phone is a Motorola Moto g4 plus.

Veyron_fan

Oct 28, 2018
If your connecting via bluetooth and using android then this should be fairly simple. Connect the phone to the car, drag the top bar down and there should be a button marked "audio output" with a speaker logo. Press that and see if your car is listed. Should see the name of the car as 1 option and the phone itself as another. Press on the car name and check it's set to that. If this doesn't sort it let me know more details of your setup ie android auto or waze standalone app etc

Good luck

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Thank you for your reply.
I am connecting via a usb cable and android auto. However it now seems to be resolved and I can now hear the directions through the car speakers.
I think this has happened after an upgrade to Waze via the Play Store.

Regards

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Do you have the issue where the directions start as a whisper and are then shouted out? That's a common complaint on various sites, I've had to turn directions off because of it :(

Didn't happen in a rental Opel or Peugeot, so definitely a Seat problem in my mind.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.