Wearing Tyres

MORTON2525

i have a 1.6 altea ref sport 07 with 12700 miles on clock and i have had to replace the 2 font tyres (pirelli p7 ) is this normal or do i have to visit my dealer again:cry:

Doddsy

Apr 11, 2007
we got a 1.9 reference sport TDi with 17k on the clock and still got a couple of thousand on the fronts and it don't get an easy life .. these are the standard michelin energies

keilpino

My wife has a 2.0tdi, she does about 10k a year and annually has to change front tyres, plus tracking seens to go real easy...always have inside wear on front tyres???

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
My wife has a 2.0tdi, she does about 10k a year and annually has to change front tyres, plus tracking seens to go real easy...always have inside wear on front tyres???

Try getting 4 wheel alignment done! its much more thourough than just tracking! tyre wear is looking like a bit of an issue,but i do like pulling off from lights quite quikly and theres a lot of torqu going throgh the front wheels!

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
Got 24000 miles out of a pair of Bridgestone Pontenzas on the front of my 105hp 1.9 tdi reference. Had bad inside wear on the back tyres during the first year of life - got 4 wheel laser tracking done, the camber wangle was way out of spec - the tech said a lot of SEATs are out of spec when built - wrong setup. No problems with tyre wear since then (30000 miles ago).

loadswine

loadswine
Just to add to this thread, I had a supposed 4 wheel alignment just over a year ago, through a Seat dealer and today I had a puncture repair to a rear tyre and it was so worn on the inside edge, i am going to have to replace the rears and probably the fronts as well, plus have the alignment done properly this time. I am furious about this, as the tyres on the front are only 6 months and 6k old and the rears would have lasted for at least another 20k if the alignment hadn't been so shoddy.
The alignment cost me £200 in the bargain as well, so beware of dealers offering this sort of service off site. I could go back to the dealer but they will only say the adjustment has gone out due to speed humps. Damn useless! Careful if you decide to go to a seat dealer in Croydon!
One thing with alignment at the rear, does anyone know how this is actually adjusted?
I had a quick look when the rear tyre was off today and couldn't see any place that could effect adjustment.

loadswine

loadswine
That's the sort of price I would expect to pay now I know. I had my other car done and that was about the price. Got well and truly done by the Seat dealer. I thought" dealer should know what they are doing to sort this known problem"
How wrong I was, in fact, I think its worse than before, my rear tyres lasted much longer then.
One of the reasons for posting is to stop others getting had.

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
" dealer should know what they are doing to sort this known problem"
You misguided fool...
How dare you mention dealer and know what they are doing in the same sentence - wash your mouth out now and don't speak such rubbish again.

twnewcastle

Jan 18, 2009
i just traded in an altea 1.9tdi ref-front tyres went at about30k-back tyres were still on car when i traded in at 48k,although they were ready for changing-maybe its down to driving style

loadswine

loadswine
No, those rear tyres on my car have gone due to geometry problems, not driving style. I don't drive gently, but the wear pattern on them is most definitely not through exuberance. I doubt that you could produce that affect on the rears no matter how hard you drove. The initial rear set went for several times what this set had done and they were treated exactly the same.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise