Weird Electrics

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I did reply to a thread on this that I found when searching, but it was in the Ibiza forum, so I'm posting here aswell to see if any Leon owners can help.

My Wifes 2004 Seat Leon SX has just started to do weird things. We had a lot of rain last night and when she went to come home this morning, the interior light wouldn't switch off. Then the electric windows wouldn't work and now the remote locking won't work.

Someone on a Skoda site said it could be the Comfort Control Module, a fuse or the battery.

There is no Haynes manual for the car and I'm not sure where the fuses are. She's going to take my Skoda to work tonight, as I don't trust her car to work when she comes home, especially if it continues to rain as it is now.

Was also looking to download the VAG-Com software from the site in the FAQ, but I don't know what cable connection I would need for the Leon. In the list, it only shows for Audi and VW http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/

many thanks
Neil

Dan_20vt

Altea Owner
Aug 1, 2004
Kent
I've got a simular issue... my front passenger side window keep opening itself as soon as the engine is switched on... the only way I can close it is by holding the key in the lock posistion on the door, but that doesn't help whilst driving! - I wouldn't mind if it was the summer :happy:

It's been raining all day today so I've not been able to take a look :censored:

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Well I took the drivers side door card off today and its bone dry inside. Is there a window regulator on each door with electric windows? or is it just one command unit in the drivers side.

Its seems strange that whatever is broken, is affecting the interior lights, Electric windows, electric mirrors and the remote locking (thats all I've found so far).

Anyone got any suggestions? I can't book it in until the new year and I don't want to worry that my Wife can't open the windows or doors in an emergency should something happen and we need to get to our son.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Its seems strange that whatever is broken, is affecting the interior lights, Electric windows, electric mirrors and the remote locking (thats all I've found so far).

That's all controlled by a single control unit (central convienience module), I think it is behind the trim between the pedals and the drivers door.

Try disconnecting the battery to reset it. it might work.

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
That's all controlled by a single control unit (central convienience module), I think it is behind the trim between the pedals and the drivers door.

Try disconnecting the battery to reset it. it might work.

Thats the first thing I tried and it didn't work :(

I'll have a look for the control module, its a real pain in the ass not having a manual, the internet has been excellent, but I like to have a manual next to me when I'm in the cold on my hands and knees (I'm getting too old!)

john oleary

same problem 'elec windows elec mirrors and central locking out of action stranded in southern spain in thr heat ...........and a baby to get in and out of car all the time ...to all concerned thanks for the advice lots of seat love jon

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.