Weird noise coming from front of Leon??

mwat5on

Jun 17, 2007
Hi there everyone,

Need some help / advise?

I've got a Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Reference Sport (07 plate), and whilst im accelerating up to around 3 thousand revs, and take my foot of the accelerator, there's a weird grinding sound coming from the front end of the car (as the revs go down). It only ever happens when I accelerate and then ease of the accelerator though? .... haven't got a clue what it could be? anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks all

mwat5on

Jun 17, 2007
Err I don't think so no, It sounds like something mechanical (like metal grinding?) almost as it something is rubbing against something and making a low pitch grinding noise for a few seconds. Its very noticeable in third gear when accelerating to 3 thousand revs, and taking foot off the accelerator?

angryratman

I've noticed the exact same noise on my '05 FR TDi.

Did you find a solution to this noise?

rickyquicky

May 12, 2010
Hi mate this sounds identical to mine...it does it in 2nd and 3rd gear most often.

Also if I go into 5th or 6th at low revs and full throttle all the way to 3000rpm then suddenly come off the pedal it makes the noise too.

Does the sound sort of go on and off if you know what I mean? Mine grinds for a second then straight away grinds again and then suddenly stops.

The noise is really hard to describe lol!

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Strange noises

Hi all, My wife keeps hassling me about the very same noise...!! She's not ever far wrong when it comes to picking anonalies such as this. However as so many others such as your selves are noticing it too, i think that it must be the only subtle way of getting rid of excess boost or something...as there is no known waist gate or BOV's with them...well not my TDI FR Leon anyway...?:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.