weitec coilovers

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
hey, my car has done 80k, the top mounts where fine! got the weitec coilover, Amazing! back aint really low enough though, lovely smooth ride with them however.

take out the adjuster cups then the wheel arch sits on the wheel. just if you have 20mm spacers it will rub. have a flick through my readers ride thread as there is some piccys in there;)

May 22, 2009
South Wales
ye my mate has done that on his lupo! did do it but i couldnt stand the rubbing too b honest! going to wait until the springs settle to decide whether to take them out< its easy enough to do, may just take them out for shows etc!

mag

hey, my car has done 80k, the top mounts where fine! got the weitec coilover, Amazing! back aint really low enough though, lovely smooth ride with them however.

yea i found that today after fiting mine and i got 25ml spacers and also looking to put 17s with a 7j wide wheels what do you think?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i think your wheels are gona be out the arch as i have 20mm spacers and 17x7 or 17x7.5 cant remember and they are only just legal

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
What we need to know isn't what spacers you have but your rim width and the total offset. For instance a 16x6.5J ET30 wheel will have the outside edge of the wheel 3m further towards the wing than a 17x7.5 ET45 rim.

mag

What we need to know isn't what spacers you have but your rim width and the total offset. For instance a 16x6.5J ET30 wheel will have the outside edge of the wheel 3m further towards the wing than a 17x7.5 ET45 rim.

the wheels im looking at are 17 by 7.5j et 35 if that helps but im realy un happy with the rid hight at the back

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
My comment was aimed at st10587, you can't just sat 25mm spacers won't work based on the rim width & no other info.

Well if you've just got the springs then let the car settle a few weeks or so then make your mind up, the settling may drop the rear another 10mm or more.

mag

Well if you've just got the springs then let the car settle a few weeks or so then make your mind up, the settling may drop the rear another 10mm or more.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks for the info ill do that and see what happens thanks again