wet footwell solutions?

ctarry

just got into my 02 cupra this morning and the mat is soaking (drivers side). other side is fine.

I have noticed that sometimes, after the car is left for a few hours, eg over night or whilst at work, i open the drivers door, and there is water is sitting on the step, under the door.

is it a seal problem?

if so, what would be the easiest thing to do to get it sorted?
if i had to take it to a dealer garage, any ideas on price?

thanks

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
depends on the issue. where is the water coming from 1st. there are drainage channels in the doors which frequently clot up. somewhere on here there is a DIY thread on how to sort it. Alternatively it could be the drainage channels under the skuttle panel (under windscreen wipers) clogging up. i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of doing it myself so seat charged me £100 ish to re seal the bulkhead. i found water coming from just underneath the accelerator pedal.

ctarry

depends on the issue. where is the water coming from 1st. there are drainage channels in the doors which frequently clot up. somewhere on here there is a DIY thread on how to sort it. Alternatively it could be the drainage channels under the skuttle panel (under windscreen wipers) clogging up. i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of doing it myself so seat charged me £100 ish to re seal the bulkhead. i found water coming from just underneath the accelerator pedal.

i have also found out that the floor is soaking in the back as well - drivers side again. i have seen that the water in the back seems to be by the front lower corner of the door

as for the front, i have felt the carpet arount the door, pedels etc, but can't see where this has got in.

the carpet under the drivers seat is dry

if its the doors, can SEAT reseal them?

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
I've noticed that my drivers side sill has been soaking wet recently with the rain but my footwell is still bone dry, does this means that i've got a dodgy seal that is on its last legs?

ctarry

got the vax carpet washer out to dry the floor

front and rear drivers side footwell i got a little over 2 litres of filthy water, and it was mainly from the back footwell

it was from just 1 night of rain :cry:

ctarry

:lol:

just been to my local seat garage about this

they charge £69 for a diagnostic test - they use a cup/bucket of water and tip it over the car to see where its leaking

might start my own company and do that :)

....then its £115 per door for re-sealing it

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
:lol:

just been to my local seat garage about this

they charge £69 for a diagnostic test - they use a cup/bucket of water and tip it over the car to see where its leaking

might start my own company and do that :)

....then its £115 per door for re-sealing it

Follow DPJ's link mate, I done all 4 doors for about £4 !!! The price of a tube of sealer. Easy DIY job.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
I've noticed that my drivers side sill has been soaking wet recently with the rain but my footwell is still bone dry, does this means that i've got a dodgy seal that is on its last legs?

that could just be a splash when you open the door. mines always been like that but never caused issues or damp carpet

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.