Wet inside and heater not working?

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
here are the problems i have with my ibiza gti 2.0l cupra sport 99 tregll

1.wet rear footwell n/s

2.heater blower dosent work can feel heat at vents but dosent blow air out (possibley motor blower?) if my resistor had gone would i not feel heat at all? im not sure:confused:

3.very bad condensation on inside of windows (probebly due to wet floor )

please if anyone can help i would be very greatfull many thanx GRIFF

Aguilo

Belgian Beer
Jan 10, 2009
Belgium (Liège)
Your wet ground can come from this problem which I have already had:

In front wings, there are small canals of water evacuationr, they often get blocked with dirts

That clean, please and that should arrange...

For the heater, did you verify the state of the cockpit filter, situated under the black plastic on the out windscreen base (where are fixed up the wipper)?

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i had the wet passenger side footwell mate, it turned out to be that my scuttle panel was 5hagged and needed replacing, it was letting water drip on to the pollen filter and hence fall through into the car, i found leaving an electric heater in the car for a day with it on maximum cooks it nicely and gets rid of the water, then get a new scuttle panel (if that is the issue). It could also be the seals around the pollen filter box, i bought new seals and then masticked the box to the bulkhead, it's not going anywhere now.

That water in your car will be causing the condenstion on the inside of the windows, because as cold as we think it is, it still gets hotter and colder, creating humidty inside the car, almost like a greenhouse.

dont really know about problem 2 mate, but 1 and 3 are connected

get rid of the wet floor, get rid of the condensation :)

hope that helps

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
spot on mate for the help had a proper look today and that is exactly what is happening the pollen fillter was all wet and when i took the glove box out all the connections for the resistor was wet think the water has sesed the blower motor though cuz now when i turn onthe heater it just pops the fuse

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
sorry me again,i took the pollen filter out today under the scuttle panel it was was like fan type circle thing, is that the blower fan wicht sucks air from out side cuz i think tahts were the water has got in the water has knackerd it.do you think this makes sense

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members