what alloy wheels will fit

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
hi guys, i drive a leon mk2 140 tdi and was wondering what alloys will fit. what is the stud diameter etc. iv been on lots of different sites and am getting different answers from them all so im slightly confused.
am looking at buying some rs4 alloys 5x112
thanks

spirospros

mine has oz ultralleggera 5x112 mat black with 225/40-18 tyres

is the best

soon fotos

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
i just fitted some rs4 235/35-19 and they rub when i go over bumps :'( so i took them off again. gutted, they look the tits so ill be selling them and looking for new ones again

Apr 6, 2010
hi i have a seat leon mk2 1.9 tdi stylance and i was going to put some bbs ch style replica alloys on but i have heard that the alloys are way to far from the arches for some reason, is this only with bbs or any alloy wheels and the only way around it is lowering the car???

spirospros

i just fitted some rs4 235/35-19 and they rub when i go over bumps :'( so i took them off again. gutted, they look the tits so ill be selling them and looking for new ones again

what offset??

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
correct. PCD needs to be 5 x 112.

18" with 225/40 rubber should sit nicely.

I think also you can go 2mm each way but will require some minor 'tweaks'

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
the offset is 35 on the fronts and 45 on the rear. stick out like the bolocks on a bulldog haha

the offset is 35 on the fronts and 45 on the rear. stick out like the bolocks on a bulldog haha

???
Always have the wider at the rear.
Which ones rub? My car has 40's front an back and are fine.

Put the 35's on the back and 45's on the front! If it still catches you can invest in lower profile tyres and get thinner ones that 'stretch' for example 215mm instead of 235mm.

torquesteer

What about the 19s that the new Cupra R is equipped with? They are 8X19 ET 51 thats the stock offset and they will not rub the arches if you are the same height as a Cupra or up to 5mm lower..

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
i had the 45 at the back and the 35 at the front i think, and they were right outside the archs. i took some pics and will put them up as soon as i work out how to :p

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
i had the 45 at the back and the 35 at the front i think, and they were right outside the archs. i took some pics and will put them up as soon as i work out how to :p

The place u bought them from shud never have gave u 35 and 45... that offset is totaly wrong for the car. Should be 45's all round.

i was running the same alloys with 45mm offset and 235 width tyres and got slight scuffing on front arch liner over bumps...

i'm now running the same alloys but with 225 width tyres and the car is now lowered 50mm... believe it or not, not rubbing one bit!

i'd deffo get on the blower to the place u got them from an say they have supplied the wrong fitment for the car.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
ok maybe im getting confused with the offset, the wider ones were at the back, i just took it for granted that 45 would b wider that 35 :S and unfortunately it was a private sale and me, not really knowing jack about wheels, thought they would be fine

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
ok maybe im getting confused with the offset, the wider ones were at the back, i just took it for granted that 45 would b wider that 35 :S and unfortunately it was a private sale and me, not really knowing jack about wheels, thought they would be fine

see the higher the number...the further the wheel sits inside the arch... lower the number, the more it sticks outwith the arch.

even with putting the 35s on the back i'm not 100% sure u'd get no rubbing. Suppose you can only give it a go.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
ok well in that case the 45 were on the front and the 35 on the rear and when i went over bumps the fronts rubbed...alot lol

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
ok well in that case the 45 were on the front and the 35 on the rear and when i went over bumps the fronts rubbed...alot lol

Get us pics up, 45s on the front shouldnt rub. i have the same wheels, and when i had the 235 tyres on and standard suspension, i got very slight scuffs when hitting big dips at speed.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
and u say that when u lowered the car u dont get any rubbing any more? hmm i have my springs waiting to go on so maybe ill try them again when there on. ill get some pics up tomorrow night :)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
DSC02289.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
and u say that when u lowered the car u dont get any rubbing any more? hmm i have my springs waiting to go on so maybe ill try them again when there on. ill get some pics up tomorrow night :)

no, the main reason the rubbing stopped was due to switchinf rom 235 tyres to 225s..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise