What are you using...

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
What’s the best product people have used to restore the Black to the external trims?

The Window Rubbers on my Cupra have white marks from previous cleaning and also the Black Front Grille (Above and Below the Bumper) the Wing Mirror Housings and Rear number plate surround all could do with a spruce up.
I have taken to clear coating some of the exterior hard plastic. Gives it a deep black gloss that will hopefully last. I'm guessing in a year or two there might be some lacquer peel.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I don't use as many products as you hardcore lot. But here are some that I use:

- Pre wash with EZ citrus wash
- Remove tar with WD40
- EZ Cherry Bomb Shampoo
- Meguires Clay Bar
- Meguires Ultimate Restorer (more abrasive than a standard polish so only use on scratches)
- Autoglym Super Resin Polish
- Seal the finish with Simoniz Wax
- Tyre shine, can't remember which product I'm using for this at the moment

Deleted member 103408

Starting to do alot of motorway driving, is there product which could help to reduce the amount of chips I get? I know it probably won't be cheap but the amount of chips I'm getting isn't fun

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

If you are having problems on the side of the car have you considered mud flaps / guards they do help keep some of the stuff away.
Maxton design side splitters I also found helped keep some of the rubbish of the side of the car.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Started using Bilt Hamber snow foam after using auto Finesse for ages and WOW what a difference.

I find that Bilt Hamber is not the thickest of snow foams but it eats into the dirt and grime and it’s very satisfying to see dirty drip lines around the car,and it’s not that expensive either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GordonMcC

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I find that Bilt Hamber is not the thickest of snow foams but it eats into the dirt and grime and it’s very satisfying to see dirty drip lines around the car,and it’s not that expensive either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definately, I read somewhere that thick foam actually hinders the cleaning process. Thick foam looks good but the Bilt hamber for me is hands down the winner

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Bilt Hamber foam is top step stuff,
Next to this If I couldnt get it would be Valet Pro ph Neutral foam, Much thicker, Fabulous smell LOL
And very good cleaning ability.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I’ve just finished Gyeon Foam and must say it’s cracking stuff, on second wash with BH and it’s just as good - slightly thinner foam on same setting but as said you can see the dirt running off your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vectra

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Got some CarPro Essence Plus to try. Its really really good.

Its a non-cutting product and designed to revive ceramic coatings, but its great on any paint. Made the car very slick to the touch, and gave a very deep gloss. Its also extremely hydrophobic. Tried it about 2 weeks ago and the car is still beading like it was applied yesterday. It also fills swirls, but doesnt use oils, it uses ceramics. Its great for the gloss black areas on my Cupra that swirl up very quickly and easily, like the wheels, window trim and mirror backs.

Last edited:
Reactions: vectra

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
The autobrite foamer is a generic one sold under a number of different names. Its still WAY better than the Karcher one. The real test is using normal shampoo in one, the generic autobrite unit will foam up normal shampoo well, even the ceramic shampoos like Gyeon Bathe+ that dont really sud up much anyway. The Karcher one just makes a bubbly stream.

Reactions: Sharpy

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Got some CarPro Essence Plus to try. Its really really good.

Its a non-cutting product and designed to revive ceramic coatings, but its great on any paint. Made the car very slick to the touch, and gave a very deep gloss. Its also extremely hydrophobic. Tried it about 2 weeks ago and the car is still beading like it was applied yesterday. It also fills swirls, but doesnt use oils, it uses ceramics. Its great for the gloss black areas on my Cupra that swirl up very quickly and easily, like the wheels, window trim and mirror backs.

I wonder how would this work as a base for some other lsp?
Would it affect the durability of the LSP ?
Looks an interesting product.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Anyone fancy the Auto Finesse anniversary kit? They’re getting some serious stick on social media about it. £500 for 4 products, a micro fibre and a fancy box. They’ve lost the plot!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone fancy the Auto Finesse anniversary kit? They’re getting some serious stick on social media about it. £500 for 4 products, a micro fibre and a fancy box. They’ve lost the plot!

I used up the last of their products (snowfoam) from my shelf and won't be replacing any of it unfortunately. I feel their are better performance/price products out there. Plus I have about 4 years of carbon collective snow foam left!

Reactions: vectra and Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I used up the last of their products (snowfoam) from my shelf and won't be replacing any of it unfortunately. I feel their are better performance/price products out there. Plus I have about 4 years of carbon collective snow foam left!

Yeah, I’m the same not much if there stuff in my supplies, although the tyre shine is good, it’s subtle which is perfect I don’t like really shiny tyres.

Reactions: Legojon

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
So, I’ve used the Collnite and I really like the finish, could even be my favourite to date. The finish is deep and what it seems to to better than any others is being out the fleck on the metallic paint, not sure how it’s doing that but it is. It’ll be interesting to see how durable it is.

d8c413f7b86a544730d408e2ee63b3a7.jpg

8478f03e542919e980e9bb9d26a49b00.jpg

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I've just bought quite a bit of the dunking business stuff, I enjoy trying new stuff out and I have already bought a their snow foam lance which is pretty good. I need some odds and sods so ended up buying the full dunk kit. I'll give it a go and report back.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I've just bought quite a bit of the dunking business stuff, I enjoy trying new stuff out and I have already bought a their snow foam lance which is pretty good. I need some odds and sods so ended up buying the full dunk kit. I'll give it a go and report back.

All in the interests of research...

6b472d154921a8553f45b19c4cbcc381.jpg

I’ll probably start trailing some of this today.. I’ll post reviews as I work through it.