what brand clutch?

baz_r

ok, so after 30k of soft driving, my supposedly bomb proof altea needs a new clutch and flywheel. definitely not getting another seat after the customer care i've received, the dealer (listers Coventry) tried this stunt on me:
i bought the car from them brand new in 2006- then a week before the warranty expired in 2009 it developed a catastrophic oil leak around the seals. went to the listers service dept. where the jobs worth said he was fully booked up and wouldnt work weekends, so he said with a smirk that by the time my car could be booked in (the following monday) it would be out of warranty so i would have to fork out £300 because it was a day over. alot of shouting and swearing made him think twice. sods.
anyway, now the clutch is knackered and the garage wants £750 to fit, which isnt worth spending that much on this thing so im going to buy it myself and get a mechanic to fit it. anyway know what brands to recommend? i've rang LUK and Valeo and the valeo one is a hundred quid cheaper but is it good quality?

bungle

Yep, oddly I've found Seat customer services to be very good. Had the turbo go on my Altea 4 months out of warranty and they paid the whole bill (£1900!). I didn't deal at all with the dealerships who are generally crap and instead dealt with Seat direct. They offered to pay half immediately and the remaining half after plenty of moaning!

baz_r

i got the oil leaks fixed, after shouting at the service manager so that was resolved last year but this latest issue with my clutch and flywheel has been an utter nightmare. for them to be knackered after 30k miles is unacceptable so i went to the dealers 3 days ago to speak to the service manager (who was a new one from the first event) and he searched my vin number on his pc to see if our flywheel was under the recall from last year but it wasnt but i refused to take no for an answer. so i got him to ring customer services while i was there to follow up my complaint. after 15 mins of chatting to some bird who knew nothing about cars (she kept saying she understands my situation!!?) she said it was down to wear and tear so they wouldnt help me.
i threatened to torch the car in their carpark but after calming down they quoted me £1700 for repair. on an 06 plate 1.9TDI- UNACCEPTABLE!!
so i went elsewhere and its sorted now, but im going to write the headoffice a letter. not impressed. a recall was issued for flywheels on cars up to but not including my vin number if you see what i mean, my digit was one outside the group they recalled but feel as though i've slipt through the net.
now i've got the defective flywheel that the mechanics replaced so thinking about getting it lab tested for defective manufacturing

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.