What can you expect for around £3.5k max?

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
I'm hoping for a Sport 130PD or SE 100PD but i'm wary of getting the sport unless I know it hasn't been messed about with.

Any ideas?

Cheers;)

pete34a

Jan 9, 2009
What do you mean by "messed about with"? If you mean unmodified there are plenty around, just be careful check the car's history.

For £3500 you're looking at an early or high mileage PD130. I payed £3700 for an '02 on 60k miles. When I was looking there were quite a few cars on ~75k miles for the money you're talking about.

Not sure what prices are for PD100.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
I paid £3900 for my '04 FR TDI, which had one previous owner, and a full main dealer service history and every receipt for any work done to it. only 'downside' was it had 121k on the clock, but i've not had any issues in the 7 months i've owned it, as it has been properly serviced.

as said, check for service history and make sure its had the cambelt and waterpump etc changed at the correct service intervals, and it should be fine.

There are bargains out there, if you're patient!!

Happy Hunting!

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Yeah i'd like to jump on the first one I see but there are loads out there so for once i'll be patient.

Thanks

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
I'm hoping for a Sport 130PD or SE 100PD but i'm wary of getting the sport unless I know it hasn't been messed about with.

Any ideas?

I'm not quite sure why you'd necessarily avoid anything that has been modded.

My Ibiza Sport has 163k under it... and is mapped.

No problems at all, to the extent I recently took it on a trackday and I'm about to fit a front mount as well.

Oh, and if the 100bhp is like the Mk4 Golf / B5.5 Passat 100bhp PD TDIs, it'll be at risk of the ECU going pop, as they're prone to doing this on these.

Deleted member 13581

I know a Passat PD100 ith 210k miles on it and its running as sweet as a nut.

All depends on service history. Make sure whats supposed to be done is done on time and you should have no issues as long as you keep doing the same.

Happy hunting.

fozzie

Dec 19, 2005
my last ibiza tdi had 210k miles when i sold it my current pd 130 has 120k and both had/have full service history and run 100%

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Thanks that's a good thread. Not major problems with these cars really then as long as you keep up with the servicing. :)

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
bought my 2002 130 sport for 4k off ebay with 56k miles and that was nearly 3 years ago so you should get a nice 2004 example for your money if your patient.

mine and other early 6 dial dash cars have had immobiliser problems so a 2004 4 dial dash car maybe a wise choice,the suspension is a known weak point with bushes made of chocolate but can be sorted by replacing with cupra bushes.

plenty of niggly problems but all cars have those and after 3 years im still liking mine:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.