what colour should i buy

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
hi

i'm in the process of looking to buy leon cupra fr but can't decide which colour i should go for?
currently looking at a black majic and a red one both with same mileage and spec and price so which should i get?
both my other cars that i have ever owned have been red

suggestions would be great and photo's of your black and red leons to tempt me

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
not sure if your aware its either a cupra or an FR

i have the cupra TDI in flash red , its a striking colour when clean
i opted for red because my last black car was a nitemare to keep clean

heres mine

hope theres enuff to show different angles etc

SunJan17124135GMT2010.jpg

2009-09-18130727.jpg

hidcomparison.jpg

DSC00085a.jpg

http://i953.photo
[IMG]http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/awh1awh/DSC00135.jpg
bucket.com/albums/ae18/awh1awh/DSC00088.jpg[/IMG]
fabiarearwiperconversion-1.jpg

JOHN MAC

i have a black ibiza fr and i kind off wish i got myself a diffrent colour as its a night mare to keep clean looks the tits when its clean tho

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Black all the way!

I'm not a big fan of the red leons, and red paint fades with time too! Looks awesome in black though! Silver looks good too, althogh silver is quite common these days!

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Depends on what you want from it really. I think the most vibrant colour is the red, if looked after, however, if you want understated, then when clean I think black looks awesome. However, seeing as its tough to always keep clean, I'd say that the best colour is the platinum/gunmetal grey, which is dark enough to look mean, but not so much that it shows the dirt... though I believe you'll see less of them for sale as they were limited to several years?

Personally, I have the black, and love cleaning it, just that the weather here isnt the best so it gets splashed up pretty quick. Still love it though :)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i would say go and have a look at a few in person rather than pics

at the end of the day your driving it not us

the blues always strike me as an unusual colour ,

i looked at the banana yellow but read they faded and lost laquer all the time ,

thas when i looked at a red and thought thats for me , but tbh when i first looked at it it was more like an orange on the advert

it was only when i seen it in the flesh it was red :)

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
IME, black looks great when clean, but well shabby when dusty/dirty - ie approx 10 mins after a valet.

Therefore, silver & metallic grey are the most practical?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members