what colour should i buy

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I would go for imperial blue like adam's above. However they don't do LCR's in blue so the next best colour for me is black! As said it looks awesome when clean (summer) and not so when dirty (winter). But it's mostly dark in the winter, and out of show season so who cares!

Not really a fan of red. My third choice would be platinum grey.

henryk

Mar 16, 2008
fife,scotland
Not really keen on red cars but the bright red Cupra's and FR's look fab.
But for me I love it in black.
plum016.jpg

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Had red cars, look good for a while fade becomes a problem when you need to match a new panel etc.
Black lovely too, but dirt really stands out.
As said platinum grey looks great, wasn't looking for one but bought one.
They look great at night.
Mines filthy at the moment (weekend finally here so will sort it) but from 10 paces it looks clean ha!.

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
thanks for all these view's think its going to be a red one for me fading isn't really an issue anymore with modern paints

do have to agree wayne jakes white lcr looks the tits only if they did them in white.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
as above black is mint when its clean until a few days later when it collects a lot of dust and someone decides to finger draw on your car. but there is anti static wax and buffing clothes out there there will prolong the shine and stop the dust from sticking for a bit.

picture.php

picture.php

adispoon

I saw one on a Japanese sports car site polished metal - looked the bizz yet would blind anybody else on road when sun hit it

nennokair

love it in black but my lcr is red and i wouldnt swap it. the black is a little too black with the black interior.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i thought they done blue in face lift , seen one or two for sale , unless they been upgraded by P / O

seen a few in a china blue colour - good looker too

They do but its not imperial blue :)

there is at least one imperial blue one (X plater) and yes it was an upgrade

in fact it was the very car that was responsible for the my2003 UK facelift anyway ;)

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
was never a fan of Platinum Grey until i saw one in the flesh and now i love them, in all fairness i don't think theres a bad colour in the leon cupra range so whatever you go for it will be spot on

i do love the red with subtle black touches tho....

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My last car was black and it never really looked particuarly dirty. Use a decent wash and wax such as Autoglym and it still had a sheen even when neglected for a few weeks.

dkw

Jan 23, 2009
if you dont mind keeping it clean and smart every other day then black for definite. if you cant be arsed then dont go near black. its damn near impossible to keep clean for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.