What Colour?

XIV

I was going to buy a seat leon this Thursday but now iv suddenly had a change of heart on the colours and cant decide.

I was going to go for Black, k1 body kit, black rims.. But now im thinking similar spec but red or blue? Wondered if any of you could influence me with some photos of you cars? or any mods you think are must haves..

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

XIV

I think white looks really good i just cant see myself with a white car, the black wheels with the other colours i agree look top

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
It's a question of what lies in your heart.

White is the most popular with black wheels which is why I choose to buy a red one!

See signature for a small picture or follow my 'build' link in siggy to see more pictures of the car.

Go with your gut feeling

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
The Yellow is great. I particularly like the conversations with Directors in my business, who suggest that yellow is an inappropriate colour and I should drive Audi/BMW/Merc. Funny then that most of my Clients love the car and the colour.....!

Best thing to do is go with your heart, rather than trying to please others.

Me - looking to buy an another Leon, either white, yellow or custom green, with black alloys.

Enjoy
Mike

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I was going to buy a seat leon this Thursday but now iv suddenly had a change of heart on the colours and cant decide.

I was going to go for Black, k1 body kit, black rims.. But now im thinking similar spec but red or blue? Wondered if any of you could influence me with some photos of you cars? or any mods you think are must haves..

Thanks!

For the colour there are 2 main considerations ,
1 your personal choice
2 how often you want to clean your car?

And of course yellow is the best !

I prefer Black on the FR/ Cupra bumpers... the BTCC is not as striking in it. The blue with black is a rarer option and it's not the most extremelike orange and yellow so would be better for resale. White looks good hence so many of them. Red is also nice in K1 form with black wheels...

XIV

I like the speed blue with black rims&black side mirrors! If not i fancy the same but in red, i like black but i feel abit boring going for that! All three look good still!

FR_Flavoured

I would add possibly

3. Resale

Depending on how bothered you are...

Do you think White is a difficult colour when it comes to resale?

Theres been a handful of amazing looking (White) K1's posted in threads recently, with Black wheels.

The BTCC bodykit, infact the lines of the Mk2, seem to show better on those lighter colours - the White and Silvers.

But saying that, the Mk2 Leons look great in all colours! :)

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
The gloss/piano black looks the best against red imho, although I do like the yellow too, I think you lose a lot of the impact on a black leon.

Do you think White is a difficult colour when it comes to resale?

Theres been a handful of amazing looking (White) K1's posted in threads recently, with Black wheels.

The BTCC bodykit, infact the lines of the Mk2, seem to show better on those lighter colours - the White and Silvers.

But saying that, the Mk2 Leons look great in all colours! :)

I think white will be, in 3+ years time there's going to be loads of them 2nd hand. It's just a phase a lot of the publlic are going through. Like the electric colours were a couple of years ago. My sister just got a candy white MK5 Ibiza and that colour is a B*tch to keep clean! Soon as i washed it she went for a drive came back 10 mins later and it was filthy to look at [:@]

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
The gloss/piano black looks the best against red imho, although I do like the yellow too, I think you lose a lot of the impact on a black leon.

totally agree with the black , the leon has lovely lines and curves , the black does not do it justice , lighter colours are the way to go.

FR_Flavoured

totally agree with the black , the leon has lovely lines and curves , the black does not do it justice , lighter colours are the way to go.

Yeah, but as stated already above, certain colours become marmite colours, that you either love or hate, and that will go out of fashion in a couple of years.. ie: White or Yellow! :p

At least Black will always be a desirable colour, even over more "boring" greys! lol.
It's funny how everyone is fighting for their own corner (depending on the colour of their car). :D

ps: most of what I just wrote in this post, was said in jest. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the lines aren't to do with colour more, how well polished the paint is, when my black magic car is polished that 'crease' on the doors reflects two different images so it's very easy to see the lines :)

I'd have thought people would be fighting for other peoples corners, we all want the rarest ;)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yeah, but as stated already above, certain colours become marmite colours, that you either love or hate, and that will go out of fashion in a couple of years.. ie: White or Yellow! :p

At least Black will always be a desirable colour, even over more "boring" greys! lol.
It's funny how everyone is fighting for their own corner (depending on the colour of their car). :D

ps: most of what I just wrote in this post, was said in jest. ;)

yup you are right , personal choice is everything , but............................
as my girlfeind has a balck FR and i have a yellow Cupra , side by side end on end the blacks flowing lines are well errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lost.
on its own the black looks great , but park up next to another colour and you will see lines and angles previously not seen before.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise