What dampers and springs should I buy?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Hey all, looking to upgrade the springs on my 2.0 16v cupra, because after sitting straddled on a curb for 2 weeks, the springs on one side of the car have stuck together.

So i thought i may aswell upgrade the dampers too. Just wondering from your experience, what are the best springs and dampers to get whilst not spending silly money.

1) Best makes and/or models
2) Fixed or adjustable?
3) Best lowering height(currently 50mm which seems perfect for everyday use)

cheers guys

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
bought some jamex coilys off ebay earlier for 300 sheets. they look half decent and 2 year ga-ran-tee

Until you find out that Jamex dont make coilovers for the mk2 ibiza and then realised that the guarantee means absolutely nothing cos they are fake Jamex :(

Thats what Jamex themselves told me im affraid

... Still not at all bad for 300 pounds delivered

Mckellar

surely trading under a registered company name is blatently illegal and Jamex should be doing something to stop this, seen as they know about it...?

ryan.roberts

Until you find out that Jamex dont make coilovers for the mk2 ibiza and then realised that the guarantee means absolutely nothing cos they are fake Jamex :(

Thats what Jamex themselves told me im affraid

... Still not at all bad for 300 pounds delivered

i was looking at these on ebay.are they defo not a jamex kit then??

ryan.roberts

i've contacted jamex who say they are NOT a jamex kit.

Do jamex have a telephone number for a uk branch at all?

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
ok so ignore the fact that they have the same name as another product and hopefully you may see that the shocks are not that bad a spec.

fully height adjustable 30-80(40-120 is quoted in some places)
fixed dampening rate
fully stainless steel build
TUV approved.
Oil and Gas filled shock

all for 300 sheets, BARGAIN!

A similar product made by FK for example probably would only incorporate one major difference and that i guess would be the dampening rate being adjustable. To get this your gunna be paying double if not tripple the price :D

take the harshness out with some 50 profile tyres and a cusion under your ass lol.

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
Just an update.

Fitted the kit on friday, drove to brighton the same day and apart from the problems caused by lowering the front of my car 80mm straight away i reckon this kit is pretty damn good.

Easy to fit and fits straight in.
Each unit looks and feels very solid in build in design.
Fears regarding the dampening/rebound are now dissolved as the kit actually performs rather nicely, as mentioned i literally threw the fronts in at their maximum drop (80mm) and the front only catches slightly, mainly on the plastic guard underneath the engine rubbing along the tarmac. I've had the wings catch slightly but nothing that raising it 10mm wont fix.

Overall, more than happy with them and would definitely recommend so far. Ill try and remember to update in 6 months :D

Gunna go take some pics now i think! :D :D :D

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Just an update.

Fitted the kit on friday, drove to brighton the same day and apart from the problems caused by lowering the front of my car 80mm straight away i reckon this kit is pretty damn good.

Easy to fit and fits straight in.
Each unit looks and feels very solid in build in design.
Fears regarding the dampening/rebound are now dissolved as the kit actually performs rather nicely, as mentioned i literally threw the fronts in at their maximum drop (80mm) and the front only catches slightly, mainly on the plastic guard underneath the engine rubbing along the tarmac. I've had the wings catch slightly but nothing that raising it 10mm wont fix.

Overall, more than happy with them and would definitely recommend so far. Ill try and remember to update in 6 months :D

Gunna go take some pics now i think! :D :D :D

Have you got a link to purchase these please!?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise