What did you and your MK2 do today?

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
cracking bit of kit m8,what pads did you go for?
presume braided lines and upgraded the fluid also

Thanks. So far I am real happy with it.
Yes, the front kit comes with stainless braided lines and I upgraded the fluid.
Pads are the ferodo ds2500's.
I still have stock rear brakes but I got some stainless braided lines for the rears as well.
I was, and still am thinking about upgrading the rear discs and pads (same size discs) but most people say it isn't needed and would just be an aesthetic thing to go with the fronts.
I will try it out on the track and if its a little biased towards the front then I might upgrade the rear discs and pads.
With a font wheel drive car though I don't think it will be an issue, but I am no expert.

Last edited:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
So me and the mk2 decided to collide with this in the outside lane of the motorway...
72dc9b4c789c922130c919bab921b29a.jpg

Which resulted in this...
e9cbb237d5bb9fa35f88233c4dba091d.jpg

Smashed the under tray and NSF wheel arch liner. Also snapped the metal clip off the CV boot. God knows how it didn't do any more damage as when I pulled over on the motorway I had to rag it out of the underneath of the car. Very annoying however lucky as it could have been a lot worse.

5 minutes after we collided they closed the motorway and shifted the remaining 4 parts of metal on the motorway. Emailed highways agency see if I can get any money back off them but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
So me and the mk2 decided to collide with this in the outside lane of the motorway...

Smashed the under tray and NSF wheel arch liner. Also snapped the metal clip off the CV boot. God knows how it didn't do any more damage as when I pulled over on the motorway I had to rag it out of the underneath of the car. Very annoying however lucky as it could have been a lot worse.

5 minutes after we collided they closed the motorway and shifted the remaining 4 parts of metal on the motorway. Emailed highways agency see if I can get any money back off them but I doubt it.

Between you and Hou you'll end up with no cars to show up on Sunday.

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

Bl00dy hell. Lucky it didn't flick up and hit windscreen , bad enough though. Looks like parts of a temporary road sign.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Finally fitted my volkswagen racing bbk... Loving it so far, they definitely have some stopping power and the pedal feel is oem. I have only had them on for 4 days now so haven't tested them properly and will be away for about a month so won't be able to track them for a while but will definitely give them a good test on the track the next chance I get when I am back.

here are two pics.

Nice set up there also what suspension are you running that sits spot on

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Fitted an auto-dimming rear view mirror:

mirror1_zpsd7d9f69e.jpg

Finished machine polishing my car and applied Gyeon MOHS ceramic quartz coating:

side1_zps14a37770.jpg

Found the SEAT boot logo for the sat-nav so loaded it onto my aftermarket head unit! You can change the boot logos and background to anything you want on this.

boot1_zpsed937aae.jpg

Had the wheels refurbished a couple of weeks ago so they're sorted too. :)

Good work there Rob also your motor looks in showroom condition after the machine polish

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire

Gutted for you fella as others have said that could have ended very badly hopefully you can put a claim in.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire

Christ :wtf: glad you're ok, and there's not too much damage. Where was this? M62?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Bl00dy hell. Lucky it didn't flick up and hit windscreen , bad enough though. Looks like parts of a temporary road sign.

Yeah I think that too looks like the top and side section. Sounded awful when we went over it, massive bang and a scraping sound.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Christ :wtf: glad you're ok, and there's not too much damage. Where was this? M62?

Yeah damage could have been a lot worse. Don't know how it didn't to be honest. Yeah eastbound between 26 M606 and 27 Birstall.

Could be worse could of frazzled my piston ;)

Last edited:

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
Was going to fit my sportline springs today but unfortunately didn't make it past the drivers side!
All the bolts around the hub and strut were well and truly seized. Wouldn't budge with power tools or even with a length of scaffold as a lever. Looks like they'll need hitting with a torch to heat them up. Anyone had problems with the bolts before?

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Yeah damage could have been a lot worse. Don't know how it didn't to be honest. Yeah eastbound between 26 M606 and 27 Birstall.

Could be worse could of frazzled my piston ;)

You know what happens when worse things happen though don't you, you build it a lot better. Don't replace, upgrade I've always said. Ha ha:happy:

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
Was going to fit my sportline springs today but unfortunately didn't make it past the drivers side!
All the bolts around the hub and strut were well and truly seized. Wouldn't budge with power tools or even with a length of scaffold as a lever. Looks like they'll need hitting with a torch to heat them up. Anyone had problems with the bolts before?

Yea had to heat one side of mine up

wylie86

Feb 2, 2015
Aberdeen
Fitted shim on gearbox to stop the whining on deceleration (which worked a treat) and resealed all the doors with some butyl strip. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members