what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
Looks like I'm going to have to book my Leon into a stealer! Started soundproofing the drivers door and somehow the bottom of window switches popped off, I tried putting them back together and aren't working! The switch part is very very loose!! Doh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Polished up the FR184 twin pipes with wire wool and autosol. A lot better looking than the dull factory standard!
72cb1f2856f40921dcb96c10cbb62cb4.jpg

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Polished up the FR184 twin pipes with wire wool and autosol. A lot better looking than the dull factory standard!
72cb1f2856f40921dcb96c10cbb62cb4.jpg

I regret I've only signed up here yesterday..some good ideas :) was thinking on how to clean mine too..did the wire wool not scratch the pipes?

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Just make sure you prime the exhaust with some autosol before attacking with the wire wool. Polish in straight back and forward motions and you'll be grand before buffing off to a shine. I repeated about 3 times before I got bored!!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Car got a slow puncture and when my wife went to put air in noticed a bulge.

Nothing major but equally nothing I'd risk with my daughter in the car.

Tyres where Kumho tyres that the dealer fitted to replace the fronts when I bought the car (factory fit Bridgestones on the rear) Terrible tyre in the wet and cold. Been wanting to replace them since getting the car to be honest but they've lasted 16,000 miles :-O Still had another 10.000 in them so nice excuse to get rid.

Kwik Fit of all places had an unbeatable deal on Michelin Pilot Super Sports so got the fronts changed straight away and the rears are being done as well on Saturday when they get the other 2 in stock.

Can't wait to drive this car on decent rubber in the summer as it was epic anyway!

Edit: The slow puncture was in fact a cracked rim and both Kumho were deforming inside as well. Thankfully I'd bought a spare rim to replace the kerbed rim anyway but the state of the Kumhos was worrying. This wasn't Kwik Fit trying to get me to buy tyres as I'd already bought them online. Says a lot for tyres, never had anything like that on my previous tyres (even budget Falkens I had on a MINI)

32844c76e483be0d4d439b55646189bd.jpg

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Car got a slow puncture and when my wife went to put air in noticed a bulge.

Nothing major but equally nothing I'd risk with my daughter in the car.

Tyres where Kumho tyres that the dealer fitted to replace the fronts when I bought the car (factory fit Bridgestones on the rear) Terrible tyre in the wet and cold. Been wanting to replace them since getting the car to be honest but they've lasted 16,000 miles :-O Still had another 10.000 in them so nice excuse to get rid.

Kwik Fit of all places had an unbeatable deal on Michelin Pilot Super Sports so got the fronts changed straight away and the rears are being done as well on Saturday when they get the other 2 in stock.

Can't wait to drive this car on decent rubber in the summer as it was epic anyway!

Edit: The slow puncture was in fact a cracked rim and both Kumho were deforming inside as well. Thankfully I'd bought a spare rim to replace the kerbed rim anyway but the state of the Kumhos was worrying. This wasn't Kwik Fit trying to get me to buy tyres as I'd already bought them online. Says a lot for tyres, never had anything like that on my previous tyres (even budget Falkens I had on a MINI)

32844c76e483be0d4d439b55646189bd.jpg
There is always a reason why they are cheap... Thankfully you discovered it this way rather than at speed....

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
There is always a reason why they are cheap... Thankfully you discovered it this way rather than at speed....

Yeah, I was expecting them to put Bridgestones on to match the rear. Never noticed till after I'd collected the car.

The cheapest tyres I ever bought where some fallen FK-451's for the MINI and they were really good, better than the Dunlop Run flats they replaced in fact. But not as cheap as these POS Kumhos.

Deleted member 103408

Washed the Car - its white again

Washed the car so that i can see its white again
today1_zpsucet0gxx.png

today4_zpsexo3ujsr.jpeg

even gave the inside a quick hoover
today5_zps6yf7eefz.jpeg

today3_zpsaam918jw.jpeg

today2_zpslxumkjsg.png

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Just make sure you prime the exhaust with some autosol before attacking with the wire wool. Polish in straight back and forward motions and you'll be grand before buffing off to a shine. I repeated about 3 times before I got bored!!

Didnt get them as shiny as yours, too cold out there :D but much better than it was

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.