what did you and your mk3 leon do today

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
My sentiments exactly.
Another vote here too.

The amount of bad parking pages there are on Facebook with cars taking up 2 spaces and claiming it's because they care too much about their cars. If they cared that much for their cars they'd park further away and walk further. They clearly dont care enough about them to even walk another 100 yards!!! Shouldn't be allowed to call themselves car guys. Rant over lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody31

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So I made up a custom design that matches the existing interior and had it re-trimmed in real leather instead (and added a Cupra logo... why not :flag:)

43190859475_2267e75e4f_z.jpg

Looking good. How much was it for the work to be done? Did it include materials as well?

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I really like the alcantara Cupra interior but have always found the faux leather on the centre armrest and door armrests to be a bit hard and uncomfortable.

30230167768_32fb2fb16b_z.jpg

So I made up a custom design that matches the existing interior and had it re-trimmed in real leather instead (and added a Cupra logo... why not :flag:)

Really happy with how it turned out. Ill be getting the door arm rest done next when I think up a design and material combo.
Where did you get that done, out of interest? Looks pretty nice.

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Cheers lads. This is the company in Ireland that did all of the work: http://at-autostyle.com/

Im not sure what the end price will be (including the door cards). Ill ask them for a price for just the arm rest on its own and post it back here.

They also laser engraved the old arm rest material to show me what that would look like instead of the embossing. Ill post up a pic of that tomorrow too.

Reactions: leonisis

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Gave the 280 a good clean today then bought loads of LED bulbs from eBay for front & rear indicators, reverse, fog, glovebox and boot. I hope I have bought the right ones! I spent about an hour searching the forum to make sure but you never know.

Also bought a SeatCupra.net sticker for good measure.

I gave up on the gas bonnet struts but at £80 on eBay I don't think it's worth it at that price.

Just need to sort the sticky boot release now. I'm sure I've seen a guide for it on here? Can anyone offer an guidance

Noticed my now powder coated wheels have seen better days so will get those done if they get any worse. Service and MOT next week, I'm praying for a cheap(ish) bill! Also considered the wheel spacers and tuning box again... will have to wait and see if it goes through the MOT first :thumbup:

Had a little look around a friends Range Rover Velar today also, lot of money but really very very nice! well spec'd :coolthumb

Reactions: russbellrfs

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I really like the alcantara Cupra interior but have always found the faux leather on the centre armrest and door armrests to be a bit hard and uncomfortable.

Really happy with how it turned out. Ill be getting the door arm rest done next when I think up a design and material combo.

That looks the bo##ocks

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Gave mine a thorough clean, yesterday (more pics added)

Hoovered, wipe all surfaces, cleaned windows using autoglym. Washed the outside, clayed and dodo juice, blue velvet and back to black on plastics. Looks good in the sun today

Byd5Kkr.jpg

jLGRmVG.jpg

DDZeUC4.jpg

nr2QMhE.jpg

P3O0R9w.jpg

KZp3hmQ.jpg

9flB6CF.jpg

For 63,000 miles, quite pleased how well it cleans up. Think I might need to remove the LEON badge next and I have asked for a KSB splitter for Christmas :D

Last edited:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
@Blowski As time goes by I find these more and more helpful. However there are a couple guys on here who have made there own sets up for a lot less
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....t-hydraulic-struts.444490/page-2#post-4778644

Thanks.

I did look at the eBay listing and think it’s just two gas struts with some brackets but it’s knowing and understanding what ones to buy I suppose.

I’ll have a good read through the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Just need to sort the sticky boot release now. I'm sure I've seen a guide for it on here? Can anyone offer an guidance
I had mine serviced on Monday and Seat said £110 for a new badge. :censored: that I thought, I've got some really good degreaser that's from work (manufacturing stuff), sprayed that inside and it's good as new! I did take the actual badge off because I wanted to see if I could open it up, but it seems like it's a sealed unit.

You can buy them off eBay for around £30, all pre owned but the part number is 5f0827565B for the 280 if you want to have a look around.

But I'll get the name of the degreaser I have tomorrow and let you know, saved me £110 from Seat anyway. You don't even need to take the badge off (which is easy enough anyway).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

That looks awesome!!!

Reactions: Semtax

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com

That is absolutely incredible. I was looking for a place in Ireland to do my steering wheel in alcantara, think they might be the answer. I'd be interested to see how much they are price wise, looks like very high quality work.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I had mine serviced on Monday and Seat said £110 for a new badge. :censored: that I thought, I've got some really good degreaser that's from work (manufacturing stuff), sprayed that inside and it's good as new! I did take the actual badge off because I wanted to see if I could open it up, but it seems like it's a sealed unit.

You can buy them off eBay for around £30, all pre owned but the part number is 5f0827565B for the 280 if you want to have a look around.

But I'll get the name of the degreaser I have tomorrow and let you know, saved me £110 from Seat anyway. You don't even need to take the badge off (which is easy enough anyway).

Thanks. I had considered just telling them to do it on Friday when it goes in but at £110 I won’t now.

I found the guide to how to do it on an Ibiza.

Out of interest how did you get the badge out/ off? Do you need to remove the boot trim?

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Quick Pic from Friday, rear windows tinted and brake lights tinted also some fresh wrap on plastic trim on rear bumper.
Fitted some APR spacers and longer wheel bolts over the weekend 6mm front 10mm on rear
had some issues with 10mm rubbing strange as I only have H&R Springs nothing to low
lucky I had another set of 6mm spacers so I added them to the rear

6mm all around looks / feels good

IMAG0876.jpg
IMAG0885.jpg
IMAG0887.jpg
IMAG0892.jpg
IMAG0895.jpg

Reactions: Spuddy01 and Semtax

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Stel94.. sweet ride by the way.. when you say fresh wrap on bumper, is that the plastic piece where the number plate goes ... as I’ve been trying to get that done round my way and the guys are telling me that I’m better of getting it sprayed as the wrap won’t bond so well as it’s not a smooth surface, I think there just trying to get more money out of me.. cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Thanks. I had considered just telling them to do it on Friday when it goes in but at £110 I won’t now.

I found the guide to how to do it on an Ibiza.

Out of interest how did you get the badge out/ off? Do you need to remove the boot trim?

Someone posted the guide on a thread I started last week: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?posts/4790423/

You take the plastic trim off the boot lid and you'll see a shiny metal plate holding in the badge, you need to unscrew it and disconnect the cable going into it and it just pops out.

Bilt Hamber make some good stuff, haven't used it personally but it's supposed to be even better than what I've got: https://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning-and-degreasing/ferrosol

Reactions: Blowski

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Stel94.. sweet ride by the way.. when you say fresh wrap on bumper, is that the plastic piece where the number plate goes ... as I’ve been trying to get that done round my way and the guys are telling me that I’m better of getting it sprayed as the wrap won’t bond so well as it’s not a smooth surface, I think there just trying to get more money out of me.. cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes that's right, I had they guys take off the bumper remove the plastic and sand then primer it for the wrap to stick properly. I had it wrapped previously but it started to peel on the edges. I would recommend painting it but I could not be without the car for more than a day wrap looks good and for the money its not bad but I think id choose to paint it doesn't have that supper glossy shine

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Havent heard back with a price for the arm rest yet but here is the laser engraving they did on the standard armrest to show me how it looks

29223681767_2c2e404967_z.jpg

That is absolutely incredible. I was looking for a place in Ireland to do my steering wheel in alcantara, think they might be the answer. I'd be interested to see how much they are price wise, looks like very high quality work.

Cheers! As a rough guide a few years ago I had my steering wheel re-trimmed by another crowd for €150. Id say these might be a bit more though but id be guessing at how much. The annoying thing with getting the steering wheel done is that you're going to be without the car unless you can get another one spare to use.

I think i spotted you on the other side of the N7 stuck in traffic a while back too! Your car looks really well. Stands out a mile among a sea of diesel Audis

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Cheers! As a rough guide a few years ago I had my steering wheel re-trimmed by another crowd for €150. Id say these might be a bit more though but id be guessing at how much. The annoying thing with getting the steering wheel done is that you're going to be without the car unless you can get another one spare to use.

I think i spotted you on the other side of the N7 stuck in traffic a while back too! Your car looks really well. Stands out a mile among a sea of diesel Audis
The embossing looks much better than the laser work. Ya I was thinking I could be without it unless they do it in a day. Kilkenny wouldn't be easy for me to get home from without a car. Might look for someone more local. That could have been me or @stel94 i'd say, very similar setups currently. Cheers though!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.