what did you and your mk3 leon do today

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Nope.
I've cleaned it now and it's just a couple of little scrapes (I'll paint and sand/polish them back) and then the dent.
So all in all not bad.

I'll take the trim off inside and try to push it out a bit, then a PDR guy can sort it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
That's come up remarkably well from the initial photo! Will the Cupra lettering be ok when you push the dent out? Glad it's not too serious (in the grand scheme of things) - pains me to see such a nice car damaged though!

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
That's come up remarkably well from the initial photo! Will the Cupra lettering be ok when you push the dent out? Glad it's not too serious (in the grand scheme of things) - pains me to see such a nice car damaged though!
No idea.

It's only £40/50 to replace or I might just leave it debadged.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Decided to replace the center strip of the DSG gear knob with a chrome version - I'm not normally a fan of chrome I'll be honest, but there's plenty in the cabin already I can't do anything about
It was annoying me that the gaiter top is chrome from the factory, and the part of it that starts the center strip makes it look like the whole strip should be, rather than black leather. To me at least it looked disjointed

Anyway, before;
IMG_20210617_133757.jpg

After:
IMG_20210617_133903.jpg

Not bad for a whole £2 from AliExpress 😂

Also decided to remove the original foot pedals and install some genuine VW metal sports pedals... Brake cover came off easily, turned out what I thought was a textured pedal cover on the accelerator was actually just the bare metal! So it obviously had no accelerator pedal cover when I bought it 🧐

Looks nicer now anyway, and they feel nice underfoot when driving

IMG_20210617_172648.jpg

Just need to find a decent quality dead pedal cover now. Can't find a nice one for right hand drive DSG though...

TripleBob

May 3, 2021

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
Cheers, ordered one like that from a UK seller... But it's miles smaller than the factory one?! Are these all for the manual? The DSG dead pedal is much wider 😭

On a different note - fitted an arm rest cover over the factory fitted lid, as when I drive my elbow always rests on the armrest... And in my old car I very quickly rubbed a bald patch in the leather, and had to have it recovered...

Fits nicely, the fake leather is a decent match for the sport seats and the red stitching matches perfectly! Also actually got a decent amount of padding in it too 😂

IMG_20210620_154649.jpg

Reactions: Don1961

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Cheers, ordered one like that from a UK seller... But it's miles smaller than the factory one?! Are these all for the manual? The DSG dead pedal is much wider 😭

On a different note - fitted an arm rest cover over the factory fitted lid, as when I drive my elbow always rests on the armrest... And in my old car I very quickly rubbed a bald patch in the leather, and had to have it recovered...

Fits nicely, the fake leather is a decent match for the sport seats and the red stitching matches perfectly! Also actually got a decent amount of padding in it too 😂

View attachment 25518
Oooooo I like that. Do you have a link, please?

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
Today I give my wife a new spoiler on the front,,It was hard to work in the sun 33 degree C

Attachments

• dtmläpp5.jpg
    dtmläpp5.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 148
  • vårtvättning av seat leon 1.jpg
    vårtvättning av seat leon 1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 162
  • seat frontspoiler2.jpg
    seat frontspoiler2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
Reactions: TripleBob

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Other day woke up 6am and gave my Grey one a outside clean..
Booked service at dealer. Oil change and brake fluid change. Last time at dealer,since my car is just out of waranty.

Found that driver wiper hand has started rusting -peeling colour...need to remove it and replace it

Foud two stone chips,that are preparing to rust ..try to fixit at dealer.

Found a lot of dirt,leaves and other stuff at part where side skirt meet wheel arch plastic...need to clean regular,it will rust...

Only good news is that in getting formentor,for time my car is getting service.

Poslano z mojega EML-L29 z uporabo Tapatalk

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Had my Leon remapped by Mike and Jason at more-BHP in Crewe - both top blokes and really happy with the results

Reactions: JSR

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Took the Leon to Northwest Vagtech in Runcorn to have the cambelt and water pump done. James and Dave are both very pleasant, professional guys and did a lovely job. £462 all in using original parts. Very pleased 👍🏼.

Reactions: TripleBob

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Finally got my sensors installed in the rims!
It's nice to know the tires are allright with some more detail. My previous car was a screw-magnet.. having this gives a bit more confidence everything is okay.
View attachment 25708

Great work. I'm just waiting for my loom to arrive from Ali having got the valves and ECU. Out of interest where did you mount the vehicle antenna and which orientation did you got for?

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I installed it in the rear right, near the wheelwell, connector pointing towards the front. But it's a omnidirectoinal antenna, it will determine which wheel is which by signal timing.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
You can install a TPMS antenna and connect it to the gateway. You would also need to add sensors to the wheels.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.