what did you and your mk3 leon do today

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Gorgeous.
Hope you're gonna share more pics
Taking it for the inaugural new car road trip next week, will certainly get some more then

Attachments

• 20210529_155749~2.jpg
    20210529_155749~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • 20210529_155439.jpg
    20210529_155439.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 221

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Took the MK3 to collect a new Window from Sheffield for my garage conversion, fitted like a glove! I can confirm if you have something 1005mm wide it will "just" fit in the boot at the thinnest point of a MK3 ST haha when the guys put it in I even got an Ace Ventura "like a glove" quote from one of their warehouse guys.

It's just a good car, got a nice 34mpg on the way and that went up to 39mpg with the window in the car on the way home haha saw a few MK3's on route, couple of Cupra's on the A57 and A1 and loads of FR's which were mostly going the other way to me.

Reactions: Yellow fr

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Today I’ve installed replacement shifting paddles for the Cupra,

Been trying to find decent ones for ages when I stumbled upon these ones called O Shift EX (Type R) by OSIR Design.

The look super clean and they light up!
The shifting action itself has a better clicking action to it now.

The install takes like 20 mins if you know what you’re doing.

Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a similar upgrade.

1b02b7347acfc248508706eda87a708e.jpg

61d0e93f5ab96a219d2608fd2474ba1c.jpg

Last edited:

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Today I’ve installed replacement shifting paddles for the Cupra,

Been trying to find decent ones for ages when I stumbled upon these ones called O Shift EX (Type R) by OSIR Design.

The look super clean and they light up!
The shifting action itself has a better clicking action to it now.

The install irl we’d takes like 20 mins of you know what you’re doing.

Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a similar upgrade.

They look absolutely awesome - were they just a straight swap for the existing paddles once you've taken the airbag etc out?

Reactions: CairoCupra

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Yeah straight up plug and play, no mods needed at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well for anyone interested - I ordered a set from the manufacturer in the USA as imo they look awesome, and I've wanted a set that light up/look OEM

Order was cancelled, as apparently they won't ship to the UK any more because of VAT requirements (god damn Brexit again). So that's the end of that

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Well for anyone interested - I ordered a set from the manufacturer in the USA as imo they look awesome, and I've wanted a set that light up/look OEM

Order was cancelled, as apparently they won't ship to the UK any more because of VAT requirements (god damn Brexit again). So that's the end of that
I'm sure that anything ordered direct from USA would not have been affected by Brexit, it may be that they have an outlet in the EU that ships to European destinations.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
I'm sure that anything ordered direct from USA would not have been affected by Brexit, it may be that they have an outlet in the EU that ships to European destinations.
The response I got was;

We no long ship to the UK due to the VAT collection laws imposed on US sellers. I have gone ahead and canceled your order and issued you a full refund

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The response I got was;
The VAT collection and extra taxes applied to items imported from USA has been the same for many years.
Sometimes you'd be lucky to escape it, the thing I find annoying is that the delivery/shipping companies would make an extra charge for collecting the taxes on behalf of HMRC (at least I think it's them that demand the tax).

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
The response I got was;
Even for a 'non-Brexit related' country like the US of A , things have changed; we ship a lot of stuff back Stateside and where an online booking on the UPS (other shipping companies are available) system used to take me about 5 minutes, it now takes about half an hour to fill in the export documentation they require, including Harmonised Codes for everything. And an Expedited shipment that used to take 3 days door-to-door UK to California now takes a week - if you're lucky. No wonder American sellers can't be @rsed.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I've been a very busy boy over the last few days.
Yesterday I removed one of the wheels and gave it a wash, decon, clay. Then tackled it with a magic eraser and some heavy cutting compound to remove the last of the contaminants, followed by a 2 stage polish. Hoping to do the remaining 3 next Monday/Tuesday
Today I swore a lot as I routed all the wires for a subwoofer, was a very tight fit under the dash but managed in the end. If anyone is looking to install a sub, just drop me a PM and I'll give you as much info as I can.

Before:
20210614_183435.jpg

Snapchat-2079390804.jpg
Snapchat-1582262119.jpg

AFTER:

20210614_183446.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.