what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Cracking job mate...... did you have to take it apart to do that?
It just pops off using the edge of a credit card at the top front end of the cap. I then cut the vinyl slightly bigger than needed and used heat to get all creases out. My wife thought I'd bought the cap in copper and didn't believe I'd wrapped it. 5 min job.

Reactions: Don1961

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
It just pops off using the edge of a credit card at the top front end of the cap. I then cut the vinyl slightly bigger than needed and used heat to get all creases out. My wife thought I'd bought the cap in copper and didn't believe I'd wrapped it. 5 min job.
Cool. Thanks. Mine's an FR manual, but I assume it's the same. I'll check tonight

Reactions: Kirky

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Is it normal that my Leon’s a bit jerky when left in second gear in traffic without applying much acceleration?

my previous car was an Ibiza and I could leave it in second from one end of the traffic to the finish no problem and do clutch control without been jerky, but trying crawl in second in my Leon and attempting clutch control in traffic when it slows then ends up a bit jerky, you’re talking 5-10 mph until before I actually apply gas to move quicker.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Is it normal that my Leon’s a bit jerky when left in second gear in traffic without applying much acceleration?

my previous car was an Ibiza and I could leave it in second from one end of the traffic to the finish no problem and do clutch control without been jerky, but trying crawl in second in my Leon and attempting clutch control in traffic when it slows then ends up a bit jerky, you’re talking 5-10 mph until before I actually apply gas to move quicker.

I'd say you need to be in first gear. I stay in first in slow moving traffic unless i'm moving faster than 10-15mph.

Reactions: Yern and Wilkesy

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
said goodbye to the Blue FR today, gave it back to the leasing company and they're going to charge me for two tiny stone chips (£62!!!)

I'l try to keep the new Cupra clean...

I assume you've checked the BVLRA guidelines for what is 'fair wear and tear', as that clearly states allowances on chips up to 3mm are acceptable, with a max of 4 on any single panel, 6 on door edges and 8 per panel on forward facing parts.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not quite today, but Wednesday @paddy6789 and I had a road trip to the lovely people at Racingline in Milton Keynes to take a look at my map. (full details on my build thread link in my sig).

I walked away very happy :D

index.php

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Booked my Grey One for cleaning/detailing at my friend. Since having a baby,i dont have time to clean it so often..

Meantime phoned a dealer to prepare a new alhambra for test drive :)

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Not missing the ability to switch between Comfort, sport and Cupra?
No, they are set on 10clicks out of 20 now and runs smoother and almost as comfortable as OEM in comfort at speed, at lower speed you can feel its hard but not as hard as before with loweringsprings. Its also alot stiffer/harder than it ever have been but runs smoother/softer :) Its a weird feeling

Reactions: Kirky

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I assume like on bikes (I've never had Ohlins on a car) you can adjust preload, high/low speed compression and rebound for that perfect setup?
Its easier on their road&track dampers, you only have one adjuster that change compression etc.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
My TRC splitter got ripped off by the snow yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.