what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure if this is Dynamic Grey, but is this the one? View attachment 16433
That's Monsoon Grey :) Dynamic Grey looks white in photos....

1594390921071.png

Reactions: Walone

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
I used all of mine. I went a bit crazy and sound proofed pretty much everything haha. The boot floor and rear wheel arches, along with the rear bumper inside trim made the biggest difference I found.

I’m tempted to that next. What did you use in the boot area and did you do the door itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I’m tempted to that next. What did you use in the boot area and did you do the door itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’ve done all 4 doors, under the rear seat, the boot floor, the rear wheel arches and the boot lid. I used dynamat for the rear seat, rear arches and boot floor, and then used silentcoat for the doors and boot lid.

Reactions: Paulo16

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not me exactly, but this was half of what I had done today. Update from original VC to the Rev A unit on the newer ‘coppered’ cars...

3F3FE81A-2E15-464D-A6CC-97BA9DDDF4E2.jpeg

...the other half was Seat Sound :)

So the car now has all the factory stuff I wanted it to have retrofitted.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
So the title of the thread is "What did you and your Mk3 Leon do today?" - Well yesterday actually, the Mk3 Leon took myself, my wife and my 20 year old stepson down to the Seat dealership and he ordered himself a brand new Ibiza FR Sport!

He recently got the PIP enhanced mobility allowance due to his eyesight - he suffers from Retinitis Pigmentosa, which is an eye condition that gives him issues in the dark and in poor or changing light conditions. He can drive absolutely fine in daylight, but can't drive in the dark so in the winter he doesn't really drive at all apart from during the day at weekends etc.

Anyway, one of his mates suggested he should try and apply for PIP (personal independence payment) just on the off chance that he might get it. Well, he did get the mobility part of it due to his condition.We only found this out at the beginning of last week, and in the letter from DWP confirming his payment, there was a leaflet that stated he could change the tax classification of his existing car to be "disabled" which would entitle him to free car tax. So I though, well if he's able to do that then surely he must qualify for motability - so I had a look.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we went to Seat dealer yesterday and he's now got a brand new Ibiza FR Sport 115 on order, hopefully going to pick it up in about 10 days!

It's got a bit less power than his current car, a 56 plate Fabia vRS, but with all the toys in the Ibiza he's more than happy to sacrifice a bit of performance for what's basically a brand new "free" car given that he's not got used to using the PIP payments yet as he only got his first one last Monday!

So pleased for him, he has a really miserable winter every year because he can't go out and do what he wants when the days get shorter.

So in the space of about a month, we've gone from No Seats in the household, to two ! :D

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Not me exactly, but this was half of what I had done today. Update from original VC to the Rev A unit on the newer ‘coppered’ cars...

View attachment 16481

...the other half was Seat Sound :)

So the car now has all the factory stuff I wanted it to have retrofitted.

Who’s a happy bunny lol.

Seat Sound is way better than the standard system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Anybody installed a JB4 mod to thier cupra 290 right hand drive? Can only find left hand drive installation guides.
I'm doing it at the end of the month. Have all the kit and found all the connection points and grommet I need to use from the cabin to the engine bay. Just have to wait as my current insurance won't cover me so waiting until my new insurance kicks in at the end of July.

I believe @paddy6789 had one connected to his Cupra R before he started seriously tuning it.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm doing it at the end of the month. Have all the kit and found all the connection points and grommet I need to use from the cabin to the engine bay. Just have to wait as my current insurance won't cover me so waiting until my new insurance kicks in at the end of July.

I believe @paddy6789 had one connected to his Cupra R before he started seriously tuning it.
Nope, but he helped his Dad install one.

Reactions: Kirky

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
OOH, F1 Supersport, perhaps the end of the Michellin PS4S dominance? Do let us know if they are an improvement on the previous tyres (Assuming Conti's or maybe PS4S?)
I think there are pro's and cons to both tyres.

Pros to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S:
Not as hard.

Pros to the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports:
Handling in wet.

Tyre life is another potential advantage of the PS4S, as not yet convinced the Goodyears are as good so far.

I think most of us won't be able to tell the difference, so for me when all 4 need changing, it will be based on price between the 2, and hopefully more info on the Goodyears tyre life.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
How much if you don't mind me asking? Looks great
£60 from Andy's AutoParts on eBay. He has the pics of them in gloss for some reason but just ask for them in Matt and specify the L27A copper. That includes both OEM mirror caps and painting. I'm well happy as I'd been quoted 3 figures at most places I'd tried.

Reactions: Zer0 and Damo H