what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Did you install the parts yourself out of interest or did you go to a retrofit supplier? Out of interest who did you use to code mate?
I used Kieren Walkington for parts (as he could get them cheaper even than me) and he did all the fitting and coding.

Think this is his page now...

Last edited:
Reactions: ReddStripe

JCB360

Apr 28, 2019
Kidderminster
I used Kieren Walkington for parts (as he could get them cheaper even than me) and he did all the fitting and coding.

I'm think about this as a retrofit, are you pleased with the results and think it's worth it over standard sound?

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
OOH, F1 Supersport, perhaps the end of the Michellin PS4S dominance? Do let us know if they are an improvement on the previous tyres (Assuming Conti's or maybe PS4S?)
So far the main difference so far is that the SS is much harder than PS4S, gives the car a more direct feel. Have to say im running abit higher tire pressure atm, 2.9bar compared to 2.7 in PS4S but they will still be way stiffer than ps4s. Doing a 1000km roadtrip next week with a loaded car. So gonna hold of my thoughts until after the trip when I have been on the twistys with correct tirepressure. Now with 2.9bar the grip is not as good as ps4s, that is for sure.

Jul 19, 2020
Leicestershire
Got my copra valeted for a treat by a mobile valeter. Also ordered some new tyres which will be fitted later this week. Went for michelin PS4S. Looking forward to seeing the difference to the stock Contis.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I traded my Leon in a couple of weeks ago now. There were a few things it was doing that were starting to annoy me, like the "critical gearbox failure, take to workshop" message on the dash for a few minutes after setting off every now and then, and the infamous mariachi band had decided to have an encore behind the dash and rear seats.

I ended up looking at a BMW 220, I tried out the petrol and diesel options but they both felt a bit lacklustre to drive. One of the dealers had a 228i though, and to say it's the same engine as the 220i, it's a different animal, handles like a dream too. Just not looking to emptying my bank account once servicing is due.

Was sad to see my Leon go but I think someone is out and about in it already, it didn't pop up for sale anywhere and it's showing as taxed and insured. As long as they enjoy it as much as I did.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018

Thanks for sharing this link Damo H. Looks like these guys can do loads of stuff I’ve been thinking of doing. Bye bye bank balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Damo H

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Waiting to take delivery of my20 cupra blue. In the meantime I've been reading through these threads trying to pass the time.

Came from a 2103 M135i that had an engine issue, I'm hoping for better handling in the cupra as it was lackluster in the bm.

One question I'd like to ask. Is it possible to wrap the rear number plate holder?

I'm on a lease so can't really do much in terms of painting.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Brought it home. Been a few months stored at the folks, but we've finally got space out front
0b1e7868b4f75e0476f6a95b7059e2af.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
I thought that, dont they come as standard? My 17 plate had it

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I thought that, dont they come as standard? My 17 plate had it

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't think it's a wireless pad as he could get the official one fitted if it didn't come as standard for whatever reason.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise