what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I finally defeated the dreaded start/stop system, by using a software method that doesn't void the warranty :cool:

If you know your way around VCP or ODIS, here's the tutorial where I explain how to do it:

To prevent myself from getting a flooded inbox again: I'll upload some datasets for Leon Cupra and Leon FR that have the feature in the individual menu.

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
New rims and tyres ...
429e4b97f9fec76847da7f8b0da39364.jpg

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Fitted oem pads to the front week before last and it stops again! Anyone from NI buying parts locally stay away from SERE as they are a rip off. Roadside came in the same price as a site sponsor, who I would have used only I needed them that day.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
All 4 wheels off, cleaned and treated with a protective coating, car needs washed but rain started, another day then, liked to was my car in the rain before, no need to wet before shampoo or to rinse off, good clean rainwater did it for me.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I actually did that, as my 280 was getting on a bit and would need some cash spent on it soon. Looks good in black doesn't it.
I was in the very same position! The numbers were too high for me! My MK3.5 is looking dated now! This is coming from a guy that slated the MK4 Leon at first sight!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I was in the very same position! The numbers were too high for me! My MK3.5 is looking dated now! This is coming from a guy that slated the MK4 Leon at first sight!

Your so correct, I thought the Mk3 looked better too, but changed my mind and really like the Mk4 now. A lot quicker too and no wheel tramping anymore either.

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Your so correct, I thought the Mk3 looked better too, but changed my mind and really like the Mk4 now. A lot quicker too and no wheel tramping anymore either.
I've had a couple of Cupra cars whilst my poor old mark 3.5 was having expensive repairs! I had a 2.0 TSi 190 Formentor V2. Lovely car but not my cup of tea!

I also had a Leon Cupra 245 TSi V1 for a week, it was a great car but was just lacking the bite we're used to.

The VZ3 300ps is just too much money! An Audi S3 with similar spec is £5 cheaper!

Cupra are pushing themselves out the market;

Reactions: Seastormer

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Doing some research :sneaky:
1662120431418.png

And trying to find some logic in this data the BCM is sending:
1662120734067.png

So far, I know how the color and intensity is set, but the goal is to change the address of the LED itself, which should be possible, according to the specs.

It's not a new spoiler or set of rims, and not very shiny... but still something I did to my mk3.5 today! :-D

chroniclesofcf

Mar 3, 2022
Paisley, Renfrewshire.
Visited 2x garages about a wheel alignment today. They just kept refering me to a "garage that can do it" as it has the front radar for the emergency braking system 🤦🏻‍♂️

Really don't want to pay £300+ for an alignment.

Anyone had any experience with this?

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Visited 2x garages about a wheel alignment today. They just kept refering me to a "garage that can do it" as it has the front radar for the emergency braking system 🤦🏻‍♂️

What's the front radar got to do with anything? Mines got the front radar for adaptive cruise etc, had my wheels aligned no issues by the local tyre shop with a hunter Hawkeye laser wheel alignment machine

Yern

Apr 25, 2019

I had wheel alignment done on my Mk3.5 (no radar issues) by the dealer on a service and all good for the next couple of years.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Last night the missus' car suffered the dreaded blocked heater matrix. Was stuck in LJL Airport for an hour and a half with zero coolant until GreenFlag came out.
Ordered a new part and hopefully getting it all flushed next week, not the best time of year to have no heating.
So her car is always cold and mine is always hot, pretty ironic we both have heater related issues on the other end of the scale.

• Wow
Reactions: TripleBob

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Drove back from an overnight in York today having spent the Sunday going up to see East Yorkshire Retrofits for the high reverse camera and he kinda ran the Seat Sound sun wiring for me at the same times so my DIY install just has the easy bits left. Great chap and highly recommended for anyone thinking about any retrofit work.

driving around on plenty of B roads with twists and hills, really highlighted how much the extra power helps following a remap earlier in the year - was a nice afternoon driving around :)

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Got my new JR SL01 (19x8J ET40) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S fitted today. Really happy with the feeling and results so far. Small downside; It’s slightly rubbing on rougher roads.

I’m happy I already removed the front wheel arch spoiler things previously. Might have been more worse with them on. I don’t get how some of you have even wider tyres/alloys or spacers fitted without rubbing.

FC177294-02D8-4133-B7DB-A7B55E4F5B0F.jpeg

D292D08B-DE88-4E07-9123-4B52FBF4DE9D.jpeg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.