what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Me and my brother installed the light guides for the ambient roof lighting last weekend.
It's hard to show the look of these lights in a picture, but I'll try it anyway. The first pic is during install, it's not in its final position yet. The second one is after a nightly drive. The light guide looks slightly brighter on one side (and it's being reflected by the glass roof), which was caused by a coding mishap on my side :LOL:
All is working like it should work: controllable by the on-screen controls, they can be dimmed by the 'Roof' group. During driving, it's not distracting at all, which was my main concern. Now I need to decide what I'll do next.

View attachment 32985

View attachment 32986

And while I'm sharing these, I might as well share the rest of the ambient lighting:

These 2 LEDs are controllable over the Center Console group.
View attachment 32987

Door pocket has an additional LED (it doesn't show too well on this picture), footwells are RGB too.
View attachment 32988

Door pocket up close, (sorry for blurryness)
View attachment 32990

View from my position:
View attachment 32989
View attachment 32991

And the 2 red lights in the dome unit now turned RGB as well. In the picture you see some light leaking to the button, but that's not visible from the driver/passenger positions. The green you seein the reading lights is reflection. These two are still white, otherwise I wouldn't be able to read a book while driving :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 32993

I need to find myself a darker place to be able to take some better pictures. But that's for a later time.
If anyone has any ideas what other positions I should brighten up, let me know
I like the idea of lighting up the door pockets..... how did you wire them in and what LED's did you use, please? I fancy doing the rear doors as well. I'm not too fussed about them being RGB, as I tend to keep the lighting set to Red

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Gave both a good exterior clean with the help of my buddy from EPS Detailing.
Tried out some products he swears by and I'll definitely be using from now on.
Here's a little time-lapse of Cartec Wheel cleaner in action, blows every other product out the water. Just spray on, leave for 1 minute then rinse off. Highly recommended.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I like the idea of lighting up the door pockets..... how did you wire them in and what LED's did you use, please? I fancy doing the rear doors as well. I'm not too fussed about them being RGB, as I tend to keep the lighting set to Red
I've done this. 99% of the time I keep the ambient lights to red so I just drilled a hole in every pocket and connected these to the window's switch + & -.

Reactions: Don1961

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I like the idea of lighting up the door pockets..... how did you wire them in and what LED's did you use, please? I fancy doing the rear doors as well. I'm not too

fussed about them being RGB, as I tend to keep the lighting set to Red

8W0919390A These are Audi RGB leds for door pockets.
I did the wiring like this, connected to the original LIN bus wiring
1668693335648.png

Reactions: Don1961

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Where did you get the brace from? Looks good ticked away. Has it made a difference?
I got it at a local shop at a discount. It's not some kind of brand, just a generic Golf MK7 thing. I hear less noise from the sunroof when driving over bumps at low speed (it used to feel and sound like the body would move instead of the suspension, now that's no longer the case), and on the highway, it feels a bit more sturdy/solid when changing lanes at higher speeds.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I'm super happy with this one which seems to be in a great price today. Good fitment, good quality and makes the front a little bit more rigid. I used to have a slight rubbing noise from somewhere in the A-pillar when the weather was cold and now it's gone. I also noticed the extra stiffness in my parking spot which is slopping and in the track.

https://www.hardrace-europe.com/front-strut-brace-8926.html

Reactions: Chillout

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
I got it at a local shop at a discount. It's not some kind of brand, just a generic Golf MK7 thing. I hear less noise from the sunroof when driving over bumps at low speed (it used to feel and sound like the body would move instead of the suspension, now that's no longer the case), and on the highway, it feels a bit more sturdy/solid when changing lanes at higher speeds.
Thanks for the reply and review. I didn’t realise golf mk7’s would fit. One to think about…thanks

Reactions: Chillout

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
This is the reason I won’t debadge. It looks so clean which is great but the seat badge looks odd. What do you do with it though?!
The Seat badge does stand out. I’m used to it now. With badges and lettering on it looks like there’s too much going on, for me anyway. If it was a black or dark grey car I’d have the Seat badge done to match too.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Took it apart to fit my new wing mirror only to work out the one I bought is none folding, the only thing not working on my current one
96c805d65e73dc64c69820922ef34a0b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk