what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Installed a front strut brace last week. Sunroof noises when rolling over a bump have decreased.
(used this guide: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/re...to-mk3-leon-without-removing-scuttle-tray.35/)

1668698029589.png

And I installed a second light in the rear:
1668698097516.png

Reactions: H Rafiq

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Where did you get the brace from? Looks good ticked away. Has it made a difference?
I got it at a local shop at a discount. It's not some kind of brand, just a generic Golf MK7 thing. I hear less noise from the sunroof when driving over bumps at low speed (it used to feel and sound like the body would move instead of the suspension, now that's no longer the case), and on the highway, it feels a bit more sturdy/solid when changing lanes at higher speeds.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I'm super happy with this one which seems to be in a great price today. Good fitment, good quality and makes the front a little bit more rigid. I used to have a slight rubbing noise from somewhere in the A-pillar when the weather was cold and now it's gone. I also noticed the extra stiffness in my parking spot which is slopping and in the track.

https://www.hardrace-europe.com/front-strut-brace-8926.html

Reactions: Chillout

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
I got it at a local shop at a discount. It's not some kind of brand, just a generic Golf MK7 thing. I hear less noise from the sunroof when driving over bumps at low speed (it used to feel and sound like the body would move instead of the suspension, now that's no longer the case), and on the highway, it feels a bit more sturdy/solid when changing lanes at higher speeds.
Thanks for the reply and review. I didn’t realise golf mk7’s would fit. One to think about…thanks

Reactions: Chillout

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
This is the reason I won’t debadge. It looks so clean which is great but the seat badge looks odd. What do you do with it though?!
The Seat badge does stand out. I’m used to it now. With badges and lettering on it looks like there’s too much going on, for me anyway. If it was a black or dark grey car I’d have the Seat badge done to match too.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Took it apart to fit my new wing mirror only to work out the one I bought is none folding, the only thing not working on my current one
96c805d65e73dc64c69820922ef34a0b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

svaratu

Aug 30, 2022
Estonia
Nice setup! But i have to tell you little secret :D that bigger brakes dont mean better braking. Bigger brakes dont heat up that fast, so they maintain their performance for longer period while driving hard (probably on track). So its less brake fade. On the pro side, you have much better brake feel and its more consistent.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Nice setup! But i have to tell you little secret :D that bigger brakes dont mean better braking. Bigger brakes dont heat up that fast, so they maintain their performance for longer period while driving hard (probably on track). So its less brake fade. On the pro side, you have much better brake feel and its more consistent.
Thanks! I don't disagree with what you're saying that's roughly how brakes work. The theory that bigger isn't always better can be said for many other components such as intercoolers and it essentially all comes down to making the right choice. Bigger brakes don't mean better braking when the kit isn't developed specifically for a given platform. This isn't the case here, this kit was developed specifically for MQB cars and racingline themselves claim about 10 feet braking distance reduction, which may not seem much but that's on a single stop. After repetitive braking they clearly state that the difference is "getting really noticeable" (https://www.racingline.com/big-brake-kit-golfr-golfgti-audis3-audirs3-auditt-leoncupra).
That being said, my choice of the 380s was based 50% on looks and 50% on performance. 355s would've worked just as good but 380s look a lot nicer behind 19" wheels.

This isn't my first BBK btw, I've (unfortunately) managed to cook 4pots in the past. :p

Gaz9000

Oct 14, 2021
This isn't the case here, this kit was developed specifically for MQB cars and racingline themselves claim about 10 feet braking distance reduction, which may not seem much but that's on a single stop.

I've always understood it to be that (for a single stop) if you can mash the pedal and activate the ABS then bigger brakes still cant slow you down quicker than the tyre adhesion to the road. Is that not the case? Brakes look lovely btw!

Reactions: queen
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise