What Engines Fit a 2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2?

nazpologti

Hi all!! Excuse the username!.. Its just a dedication to an old flame :)..
Anyhow, to the important stuff...I need some help...Basically, the engine has gone on my, mates SEAT Ibiza 1.2s.. We know that the Skoda Fabia, VW Polo and the VW Fox have a 1.2 engine too, but i dont know which engine beside another ibiza actually fits directly into the ibiza. Can anyone help, theres varying Engine codes AWY, BMD etc, im kinda confused as to which would suit? Would really appreciate any advice/help...Thanks in advance

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
any engine you can think of can be made to fit if you have the skills and the money,

But to be honest i would just stick to the options SEAT giv you as there are some cracking engines int he ibiza range already whioch cater fro all needs.

are you looking to stay 1.2????

nazpologti

Thanks for the response...Yeah im looking to stick to a 1.2, but trying to find the cheapest engine replacement and considering Polos and Fabia's have a 1.2 engine too, i was wondering whether it would be a straight swap?

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
did you sort the engine ? as my 1.2 ibiza engine needs replacing too, thanks

I dare say if it's an early Ibiza and the 1.2 engine has gone, I'd be changing car - they can be had fairly cheap now and the cost of labour to change the engine is likely to be more the engine itself so I would consider it beyond economical repair.

Of course, that's not the case if you are planning on doing it yourself.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.