What induction kit to use

Mar 2, 2008
any know problems with the neuspeed filter, i got one and love the sound, build quality spot on so why are the others better, or more popular

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
any know problems with the neuspeed filter, i got one and love the sound, build quality spot on so why are the others better, or more popular

What size is the housing the maf sensor sits in? To achieve proper maf scaling, the internal diameter of the tube should be 66.55mm. If its any bigger or smaller then the maf sensor will misread and the cars ecu will have to adjust fueling to compensate for this.

Mar 2, 2008
just went outside with trorch and tape measure it looks to be bang on from a ruff guess, been on for 2 1/2 years now never had a problem, what would be noticeable if problem did happen

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
The only real way to tell for sure is by plugging the car into Vag-Com and checking the fuel trims and doing some logs. If the maf housing is too big for instance then this would cause the maf to under-read resulting in the car running lean, which the ecu will correct to a certain extent. You may experience misfires and extreme timing pull if the ecu is pushed passed it ability to correct the fueling. With that said, i wouldn't worry if you haven't had any running issues. These cars are very clever when it comes to safe guarding themselves.