What kind of power are you guys achieving?

neversaydie

Hi,

First post... (don't have any intentions of buying/owning a VAG again - I had a tuned Audi 8l S3 225 some years ago) but just curious...

I was driving through Hedge End, Southampton towards Botley tonight (about 5.30ish) and a guy with a Black Ibiza Cupra R (silver mirrors) was driving fairly hard on and off the gas and brakes. I floored it in the inside lane and then he followed suit. Approached the round-about and he went into the right hand lane, we wound windows down and had a few polite words but he said my car was slow?! Must have been joking (I think!!) not to mention not having enough road to open her up to any extent but he didn’t believe me when I said I had 280bhp and 550Nm. Bluefin by Superchips. (56') BMW E90 330d M Sport Le Man Blue.

Just wondering what you guys are playing with in terms of power etc...

[B)]

Was it anyone on this forum - own up :whistle: ???

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Wasn't me (obviously) but I'm running around 240bhp and 475 NM and the only diesel I've ever found to be quicker is the 335D, so I agree. Your cars slow :p

Jun 24, 2007
durham
if it had silver mirrors not chrome it was more than likely a fr as there isnt a a cupra r ibiza mk4 . 280bhp is impresive if you dont way as much as a house

neversaydie

Wasn't me (obviously) but I'm running around 240bhp and 475 NM and the only diesel I've ever found to be quicker is the 335D, so I agree. Your cars slow :p

LOL that is okay then because my car is on par to a 335d... SO it is quick I know. :p

neversaydie

if it had silver mirrors not chrome it was more than likely a fr as there isnt a a cupra r ibiza mk4 . 280bhp is impresive if you dont way as much as a house

Were not that heavy. 1530kg You boys are very heavy for a tin can. :bleh:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Were not that heavy. 1530kg You boys are very heavy for a tin can. :bleh:

183bhp/tonne bleugh lol

TBH I dont get why anyone would compare your car with mine. Yeh yours will be quick. And it'll be comfy and not rattle and the rear wiper will work, suspension will suit the car etc.

Whereas mine is quicker, bone shaking, and ome bit work only when they feel like it.

If I was in the market for a big cruiser, a 330d would be high on my list

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members