What model is my head unit?

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 54 plate Altea 2.0TDi Sport and I need to know the model of the head unit so I can get the correct Denison Ice Link kit to link in my iPod. It's not detailed in the manual so thought I'd ask here.
I can't post a picture at the moment but it's the bog standard radio/CD player (it doesn't have the MP3 logo on it).

Any one have any ideas?

The Denison site suggests one of these:

Alana, Beta, Aura, Scala (all navigation i think so it can't be these)
or
RCD 300, RCD 500 or RNS4 radios.
Now I could plump for the RCD range but don't want to find out I have an early head unit that isn't supported.

Thanks in advance.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
HI,

without any logo saying it's MP3 enabled, your ALTEA's supposed to have the CD1/CD2 head unit (same partno 5P2 035 152 but different speaker-layout) ...
but doesn't matter anyhow when it comes to IceLink adapter, as the only condition is a changer's interface, which is included in all CDx

so this might be what you're looking for:
=> http://www.maxxcount.de/?products_id=1407
(switch language and navigate according to selection of car/model etc.)
you'll find => GATEWAY 100 / 300 (incl. active cradle) for SEAT (SE9)

btw. all af these diskchanger interfaces and hardware
(i.e. Solisto => http://www.solisto.de/index.php?lang=en&page=beschreibung&numpage=1&numpro=classic)
using this port do in fact have one drawback:
not more than 6 folders can be managed, as there are only 6 CDC slots supported.

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:
i've noticed on the german forum your post about the differences. however it reports 2 rear speakers. I have four. two loudspeakers and two tweeters. though Etka only reports 4 front 2 rear. strange really.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
i've noticed on the german forum your post about the differences. however it reports 2 rear speakers. I have four. two loudspeakers and two tweeters. though Etka only reports 4 front 2 rear. strange really.
Don't think that's strange ...
as the setup of yours is the so called CD2, whilst the CD1 only has the 4 front / 2 rear speakers (same head unit) ... CD2+MP3 (which was available for a while) and CD3 are equipped with 4/4 speakers and have - besides MP3 functionality - the slightly better performance. CD3 comes in union with bluetooth and thus with the large display, so there is the additional value in ordering CD3.

That was the magic these days ... ;) ... as since modelyear 2007 all headunits are equipped with MP3, but the speaker setup remains: CD1 comes with only 2 in the rear.

greets ... Klaus

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members