What service do I need?

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
Probably a daft question, but what service should I be booking? I have a 2.0L FR 184, 6 months and just done over 9,500 miles. The car is beeping at me saying oil service due, but as far as I can tell there is no service type called this, just the '1st Year Service' on the online booking tool.

I've looked at the service screen on the car and that is confusing me further:

ev3r7a.jpg

Please help.

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
Phone up your local dealers and book it. It would just be called oil & filter

Thanks for the quick reply. I was going to call them anyway as the online tool says they have no availability for the whole of Jan!

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
I phoned them up and they immediately said 'ok that's the first service'. Is that correct or are they just trying to get more money out of me? I've read a thread on here where someone paid for a service but only got the oil change as that is what the car is telling me - could this end up happening to me?

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
bet they still want £100 + VAT just for an Oil change tho.... seeing as the Oil is around £54 + VAT
Nice markup when you can buy 5lts of the same Oil for £25 + VAT yourself

Last edited:

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Probably a daft question, but what service should I be booking? I have a 2.0L FR 184, 6 months and just done over 9,500 miles. The car is beeping at me saying oil service due, but as far as I can tell there is no service type called this, just the '1st Year Service' on the online booking tool.

I've looked at the service screen on the car and that is confusing me further:

ev3r7a.jpg

Please help.

Am sure you can run them 1000miles over any due mileage.
Like its going to matter heck it will have Long Life Oil in regardless wont it ?

Mine was serviced at 10,000 & switched to fixed intervals & they still use the LongLife stuff

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Approx charge just for Oil n Filter change works out at £151 Inv Vat
by using all parts on my 10,000m invoice here only a month ago.
Ive knocked some Labour off n the screenwash !!!
Dont forget they will STAMP the book !!!
Priceless !!! hehee

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
keep it in the dealer network and you also get the breakdown/assistance scheme thrown it.
which is comprehensive - anytime, anywhere, recovery to a dealer of your choice, and a loan car.
has to worth something....

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
Thanks all. I've got it booked in. A bit annoying they charge for the courtesy car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.