What type of petrol

Cupra Steve

Feb 27, 2010
Gateshead North East
Hi all,

this may sound like a very stupid question but..... im picking up my Mk2 Cupra on Tuesday and was wondering 'do i need to put Super Unleaded petrol in or just normal Unleaded'???

Just with it being a Turbo.... wasnt sure!:confused:

SiPrince

Jan 28, 2010
Manchester
I know this was about Petrol... and excuse me if im being noobish.

But I have been thinking... You can get 95 ron and 99 ron, and after looking around aparently Tesco 99 ron petrol is the better stuff than say Asda? But what about diesel? is it the same wherever you go or do some supermarket filling stations have better grade than others?

Reason I ask is because Diesel is 112.9 at Tesco and 109.9 at Asda?

Cheers

FR_Flavoured

What you might also want to experiment with, is the "Super" version of the petrol from say BP, AND Shell. Try both!

Reason I say this, right after buying my FR, I went and filled it up with a tank of BP Super - however, the car immediately felt dead, and lacked alot of the power I experienced on the test drive. :)

For the next full tank, I switched to the Shell equivalent of their Super fuel - and the car immediately came alive again, felt alot pokier, alot more power, as it should! ;) So I've stuck with this.

So strange it may sound, but you might want to try different garages too.

I'd keep away from the "supermarket" fuels, even if its stated they get their fuel from the same 'Tanker' ! You dont know what other additives might also have been added after.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
v power for me , i used tesco 99 and found the car was underpowered.

if you go to some forecourts during the winter they say some fuel have had additives in them because of the cold conditions , dont do anything for your performance.

SiPrince

Jan 28, 2010
Manchester
So Basically Diesel is Diesel, not matter where you get it from its still dirty and horrible and still makes your car move the same?

FR_Flavoured

So Basically Diesel is Diesel, not matter where you get it from its still dirty and horrible and still makes your car move the same?

No, it doesnt mean that! See my feedback above (8:51am Post) ;)

Martincupra

Mar 19, 2008
For what it`s worth ,my cupra made 239.6 bhp on standard unleaded .
The chap from chip wizards said it would probably have made another 10-15bhp on Tesco 99RON .
He reconded that Tesco 99RON followed closly by V power are the best as long as it is from a busy garage.ie not stale fuel. Apparentely the engine management reads what type of fuel is being used and alters the knock sensors and timing to suit.
I didn`t get chance to re dyno it on decent fuel before I hade it Revo`d, but it did seem a bit more lively on 99RON fuel when it was stock .
Now it`s Revo and 99 RON only :D

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Tesco 99 n vpower 98 rest of super is 97, feels ok like but not as good as tesco n vpower. I'm with sainsburys 97 at min as my shell n tesco are around 20 and 15 miles away :(

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
I know this was about Petrol... and excuse me if im being noobish.

But I have been thinking... You can get 95 ron and 99 ron, and after looking around aparently Tesco 99 ron petrol is the better stuff than say Asda? But what about diesel? is it the same wherever you go or do some supermarket filling stations have better grade than others?

Reason I ask is because Diesel is 112.9 at Tesco and 109.9 at Asda?

Cheers
Reckon I'll stick with super unleaded, diesel's too smokey:lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.