What tyres did your Leon come with?

Which brand of tyre did your Leon come with?

• Michelin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Continental

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Dunlop

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Goodyear

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Hankook

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vredestein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Bridgestone Potenzas, but mine is 64 reg. They're **** (may be biased though because passenger side is pretty bald now).

Edit: I have a cupra though so you need decent tyres to not get a whole load of wheelspin

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
Mine came with Bridgestone Turanza T001 and they are excellent for grip in dry and wet but road noise seems quite high. Not sure if that is a fault of the tyres or the car or both.

DOT code is 3917 so they were made in the 39th week of 2017.

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
Pirelli P Zero on a Cupra, thought they were pretty good tbh, although I still decided to change to Michelin PS4s

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgestone Potenza S001. They aren’t great in damp but are getting low on tread and will be changed soon. Trying to decide between Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Michelin PS4. I find the Bridgestone quite noisy so hoping others will be quieter.

Reactions: IbizaNI

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 on SWMBO's FR ST. Only done 500 miles on them, but they appear to be black, round, quiet and made in Hungary

Reactions: kazand

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
Previous FR came with Conti 5's which I've said elsewhere had an absolutely shocking wear rate.

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Bridgestone Potenza S001. They aren’t great in damp but are getting low on tread and will be changed soon. Trying to decide between Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Michelin PS4. I find the Bridgestone quite noisy so hoping others will be quieter.

I bought mt FR used and I've the same on 3 wheels and then a "Triangle" on the OSR, deciding between Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, currently BlackCircles have a special offer whereby if you buy 4 Sport Maxx RT2's you get £25 off making them rather reasonably priced, although I think I may hold out for the Goodyear's as BlackCircles regularly have offers on various tyres.

TheCraftyBugger

May 4, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I bought mt FR used and I've the same on 3 wheels and then a "Triangle" on the OSR, deciding between Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, currently BlackCircles have a special offer whereby if you buy 4 Sport Maxx RT2's you get £25 off making them rather reasonably priced, although I think I may hold out for the Goodyear's as BlackCircles regularly have offers on various tyres.

I used to have 4 Dunlop Blue Respone on my old Mégane and couldn't fault them to be fair, when I swapped it for the FR I think I'd but about 20k (mainly motorway) on them and they still had plenty of tread.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I'll let you know how they compare when I fit PS4 or 4S's. Noise is acceptable on most roads, braking and side grip's OK. But can spin up easily under acceleration, even 2nd and 3rd in the dry.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 on my new FR, only done 1300 mikes but tyres seem OK although it's hardly rained since I took delivery but dry performance seems OK and not too noisy.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Bridgestone potenzas on my fr and can't wait to get rid of them. Good in the dry, reasonably quiet and appear to wear well (currently approaching 25k but getting low now). Wet grip is awful though. As little as a single rain drop and it looses it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
63 plate 2.0TDI DSG 150 SE Tech, came with Bridgestone Turranza Ecopia ER300 (205/55 R16). They were not very good...accelerating in wet to join a motorway...wheel spin and TC all the way. Even in dry it would wheelspin a bit....when car was returned @ 10k miles (total) had 5mm fronts, and 7mm rears. Had I kept the car, may have changed tyre to Dunlop BlueResponse or GY EffGripPerf or Michelin Primacy 3.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise