What was your first motor??

Russc

Oct 23, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Not the actual car but a Morris marina.

Was so underpowered that i had to use 2nd to go up hills with the car full.

Lasted 20 days before i wrote it off and then had a MK1 fiesta for a few years.

marina.jpg

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Not the actual car but a Morris marina.

Was so underpowered that i had to use 2nd to go up hills with the car full.

Lasted 20 days before i wrote it off and then had a MK1 fiesta for a few years.

View attachment 16382
I'm not the only one then Lol, mine was a hand me down from my father and lasted a year and used more oil
than petrol..but it was a T.C.
OMrBUOX.jpg

Vaios_Greece

Jun 11, 2020
I've learned how to drive in a 1982 Toyota Corolla (like the one in photo...), cause as I grew up , it was the family car. But the one that I had exclusively for me ,was a 1984 Fiat 127. Happy to learn on those cars because they had spacial characters and I think that made me a better driver.
ecf5a6d91755694ee70a86118cc373d4.jpg
474a284dda9cdb1cc323c9443c9df64c.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I could never understand why BL insisted on building RHD cars with the wipers set up for LHD.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Some would argue that they didn't: they built sheds. As a previous owner of a Marina coupe and a Rustin Allaggro, I'd probably have to agree.
:lol:

I was fortunate enough to only own one BL car in my time - and technically it wasn't really a BL car, it was a Honda - I had a Triumph Acclaim CD in between the two Cortinas I owned. It was quick for a 1.3 I suppose, but was the most boring, uninspiring car I've ever owned. I had to have it at the time because my first cortina needed work and I was a student so couldn't afford the repairs. The Acclaim was my mum's car and she was buying a Renault 5, and my Cortina and the Acclaim were worth the same in part ex on the Renault, so I swapped with her so I had a car to get me through the rest of college :(

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Some would argue that they didn't: they built sheds. As a previous owner of a Marina coupe and a Rustin Allaggro, I'd probably have to agree.
Now now chaps. I had an Allegro until 4 years ago. It was another hobby car and a rare one at that.
C0C25706-C1B7-423D-A7BF-064EE963B00E.jpeg

This was me ( and my dad) at a show at Oulton Park.
Special edition Equipe model.
Don’t all laugh at once. Lol

Reactions: SteveW

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
An Equipe! WoW!
I had a bog-standard 1.3 HL in Sandglow - one of BL's '50 shades of beige' It was the biggest pile of poop I have ever had the misfortune to own.

Reactions: Nathan penney

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
To be fair, 0-60 in 10 seconds isn't bad for 1979/80 is it.

I must admit I quite liked the styling of the Allegro back in the 80s. It was different :)
Not just the steering wheel which was square then :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: SteveW

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Not just the steering wheel which was square then :roflmao:
Yep, the bottom of the steering wheel was squared off on earlier ones; years before anyone else was doing it. Shame the top of it was squared off as well:rolleyes:

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Yep, the bottom of the steering wheel was squared off on earlier ones; years before anyone else was doing it. Shame the top of it was squared off as well:rolleyes:
It was called a ‘quartic’ wheel. They soon got phased out.
Mine had a “sport” steering wheel. Let’s just say you wouldn’t want to bash your head on it in a shunt. Just 2 metal spokes and a small centre bose. :stars:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members