What will I find when I remove the Stereo?

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
I'm wanting to add a subwoofer and uprate the speakers in my mk2 'Ledo.
Ive found some good guides on how to remove the stereo unit, however, what i am trying to find out is what connections are on the back of the standard unit.
Would it be possible to wire an amp into the standard unit? Or will i need to change the Head unit.

Any infomation or ideas welcome. Also, would love to see photos if anyone has done an ice install in their Toledo.
[B)]

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
You could add an amp via a line-output converter... (some amps have these as inputs anyway)

but all you'll find on the back of the standard headunit are an aerial socket, ISO plugs, and a series of 3 coloured square plugs - or sockets for one or more of them - which control the CD changer (blue one) summink else (??) and the dashboard display/speed control

v5russ

if you are wanting to run a sub and amp you are best to change the headunit. it will give you more audio control over it.

also you lose a lot of quality running down the normal speaker cable.. you can pick up a half desent head unit for about £80.

a fasica will cost you about £6 form egay and you whould not need a cadle harness.

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
Thanks guys, I think i will change the headunit now. Seen one with two Preamp outs so should allow me to power everything i want.
Does anyone have any experience and advice on the best route to feed cables through a toledo into the boot.
Cheers

UTA_flyinghigh

I routed mine underneath the driver's side carpet, then under the plastic thingies under the door sills then into the trunk. It's pouring outside right now but I can take pics tomorrow if you want.

UTA

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
I'd love to see some pictures UTA. Where did you pass it through from the engine bay?

I'm planning on soundproofing the bare metal in my boot. It'll be a mission but hopefully worth it.
Anyone else doen this. Would like to see some pics and get some info on your install UTA.
Cheers

UTA_flyinghigh

So I've braved the elements and got a couple of pics, however I won't be able to post them up until I hit 14 posts rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

UTA

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.