Whats happened to my car!?!?!?

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
I was merrily driving along in my lcr last night when suddenly all sorts of lights on my instrument panel started flashing at me!:shrug:
Then my headlights dimmed and i lost all interior lighting and my headunit cut out.:cry:
I franticly pulled over just as she died on me, the hazards were even struggeling to stay alive. I couldnt believe it as ive got my full intensive bike test all this week how was i going to get there?:confused:
Anyway to cut a long story short i took the fuse out of my amp power lead and jump started my baby now shes back to her happy self minus the tunes untill i have time to rip up the install to find the cause of her ill health last night!:think:

scottzedal

How Fast!!!!
Aug 31, 2006
Nantwich, Cheshire
Sounds like you had a good light show to go with the tunes!!!!!

Maybe have a loose battery lead or a bad earth.

Can't understand why it affected all the other lights on the dash though??:think:

Car electrical problems can be a bit of a nightmare to find!!

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
Im hoping thats all it is but i havent had a chance to sort it yet now my car is away having my rims powder coated so fingers crossed it runs ok for them!?!

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
how loud did u have your tunes on?
just wondering, did u consider that your alternator may not be powerful enough to charge the battery at the same time as been drained of all that to power your amp?
if thats the case, might be time to consider running a power cap if your don't already

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Power cap won't help if the alternator or existing battery are the problem - all they do is slightly, and I mean slightly even out the load on the alternator, but keep it loaded...

If current supply is the problem, then a 2nd battery is needed, and an upgraded alternator (if one is available - try looking at diesel models)

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
how loud did u have your tunes on?
just wondering, did u consider that your alternator may not be powerful enough to charge the battery at the same time as been drained of all that to power your amp?
if thats the case, might be time to consider running a power cap if your don't already

You know what, i was showing off my recently installed system 5 minutes before all this happened. The headunit cut out so i turned it down a knotch or two then it started playing up just after that. I do have a power cap (rockford fosgate) but as has been said i think they just help with a balanced supply as oppose to just supplying the amp's power!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.