Whats it worth??

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Well after needing a diesel for the mileage i do, the Cupra R is going to have to go. Question is before i put it up for sale, What is it worth?

Its a 2004 model in silver with FSH and 78k on clock (up to last year and was serviced myself 500 miles ago with receipts to prove etc.) Would also have 12 months MOT. Cambelt replaced with the engine tensioner last may (approx 10k ago)

Alloys are in black with no marks on them at all and with 4 Brand new Uniroyal RS3's. Its also had 3 New R Badges to replace the old laquer peeled ones plus a brand new splitter to replace the old scuffed one. Comes with a Forge 008 with all springs (yellow, green and black), otherwise its completly standard.

New Rear Discs and pads 1500 miles ago with a genuine rear offside caliper replacement (exchanged for refurbed).

Interior is immaculate with no wear or tear. Bodywork in good condition all round. Few stone chips as to be expected of a 11 year old car.

I was thinking it would be worth between £4200 and £4500 is this correct

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
I'd say that's a fair price, mine's about the same apart from an SFS 80mm TIP and I'd want about £4k for it.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Can I just ask how can you get over 4 grand for a 2004 car with 78.0000 miles? I've got 2004 car with 82.000 miles on the clock so is that the kind of money I'd be looking at if I was to sell is all standard? I only paid £1400 for it lol

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
That's crazy, I was talking to someone yesterday and I still can't get how mines is a 54 plate but when I buy parts it always says its 55 plate, very weird,

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I've owned the car for a year and with all bills it stands me in at nearly £5k so ideally like to get some good money back from it. It's not perfect I will say that but it's still a very good example and only had 3 owners including myself. I'd say it's worth every penny for what I paid for it including what I've tidied up and spent on it.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
It's always the same mate, you put hundreds of pounds into ur car and when you wanna sell it u want what uv put into it, I've put silly money into cars and sold them for nothing compared to what I spent on it. Good luck anyway mate hope you get what you want.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I'm not expecting £5k back for it in total mate. I was just wondering what sort of value it's likely to be worth as want it gone as soon as it's got fresh MOT.

Also forgot to add brembos have been repainted with new stickers and air con regassed

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
paid £4750 for mine with 72k and fsh completely standard few stone chips minor scratches here and there. Had recon box at 50k and needs timing belt soon so I would say your price is good you should get that easily!

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
to be honest mate a car will always be dead money....ive spent say over £1k on sorting all the small crap things that's gone wrong with it,but I wont be getting £3,500
its just the way it is...to answer your question well it depends on how much someone is willing to buy your car for, your either get what you want for it or you wont....can be a grey area....your lucky its not a skoda :p

I went to see a pretty (nice) red cupra r last yr and yeh in general it was nice but there was quite a few small things that needed replacing for it,(exhaust was shot,brakes,capilers was sticking, injector seals) and he wanted just over £4k but it had one lady owner so it was ok:rolleyes:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Well after needing a diesel for the mileage i do, the Cupra R is going to have to go. Question is before i put it up for sale, What is it worth?

Its a 2004 model in silver with FSH and 78k on clock (up to last year and was serviced myself 500 miles ago with receipts to prove etc.) Would also have 12 months MOT. Cambelt replaced with the engine tensioner last may (approx 10k ago)

Alloys are in black with no marks on them at all and with 4 Brand new Uniroyal RS3's. Its also had 3 New R Badges to replace the old laquer peeled ones plus a brand new splitter to replace the old scuffed one. Comes with a Forge 008 with all springs (yellow, green and black), otherwise its completly standard.

New Rear Discs and pads 1500 miles ago with a genuine rear offside caliper replacement (exchanged for refurbed).

Interior is immaculate with no wear or tear. Bodywork in good condition all round. Few stone chips as to be expected of a 11 year old car.

I was thinking it would be worth between £4200 and £4500 is this correct

My biggest bane is people servicing cars themselves, I'm a dealer FSH, I understand why you do it, but I've seen people buy parts then refund them just for the sales tickets. my friend (8 yrs competent Honda technician) services my car every 10,000 miles, but that's in between the normal dealer service at seat, extreme? Maybe but I track & drive mine hard so it needs it, plus I have all the stamps.

-staytuning|staymodified

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
My biggest bane is people servicing cars themselves, I'm a dealer FSH, I understand why you do it, but I've seen people buy parts then refund them just for the sales tickets. my friend (8 yrs competent Honda technician) services my car every 10,000 miles, but that's in between the normal dealer service at seat, extreme? Maybe but I track & drive mine hard so it needs it, plus I have all the stamps.

-staytuning|staymodified

I've kept the old service parts (pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs and fuel filter) for proof that it was changed. Only one I couldn't really keep was oil filter as was caked in oil when I dropped it in the bowl when removing but you can clearly tell oil filter has been changed as it looks brand new.

I'm pretty sure I have the old temperature sender and splitter aswell

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I keep all my receipt from the smallest thing I've bought to the biggest, it looks better when you go to sell ur car on, u can see what's new and what's old anyway, if you no what ur looking for then you will never get stung, anytime any of my family what to go view a car I always go with them as I know what I'm looking for.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I've kept the old service parts (pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs and fuel filter) for proof that it was changed. Only one I couldn't really keep was oil filter as was caked in oil when I dropped it in the bowl when removing but you can clearly tell oil filter has been changed as it looks brand new.

I'm pretty sure I have the old temperature sender and splitter aswell

I completely agree, after a ten minute convo id learn if I trust you over a garage monkey at seat! Haha it's just that some people only buy or pay more money for service stamps ! Lol

-staytuning|staymodified

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
....to ad this to the mix,everytime I do a service on my car I write it all down and the miles included as well, just to see on what was done when ect.....now some ppl will say why do you do it yourselves for...pretty simple really,i don't trust garages to be honest, they see your car and say this this and that:whistle:
I remember when I was about 20 and I went in to get something done to my car,i cant remember now but I do remember they charged me £48 for a ball joint and the rest......come on seriously, I was young didn't know any different so I payed it:blink:
try owning a Renault 5 gt turbo all O/E taking it to a garage and they didn't want to know so I did it all myself...then that moved onto the seat,that red cupra r I went to see was all stamped up...and then he realised the oil light came on then off then stayed on... he asked me why this was (the dealer).:whistle::whistle:

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
....to ad this to the mix,everytime I do a service on my car I write it all down and the miles included as well, just to see on what was done when ect

I've done all this in the service book minus the stamp obviously. It states exact mileage, date and what was replaced

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.