whats the max I can safely bump the power up to - LCR225

Dara O' C

Hi,

Im looking to remap my Cupra R 225bhp. I was just wondering whats the max I can safely bump the power up to and still retain traction and not effect reliability/economy.

Which remap is best 'MTM' ?

Thanks,

Dara

Dara O' C

man,

Thats a fair amount for a 1.8. Im just worried about torque steer and being able to put the power down........

Thanks

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Traction can be broken with about 130lb/ft of torque and good tyres. As long as your progressive with your throttle inputs, though, 350bhp through the front wheels is fine. I bet the newly remapped Focus RS 340 will be fun in that regard! :D

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
I think you can get about 290-300bhp on the standard K04 turbo but the stock manifold seems to be really restrictive stopping you at about 280bhp. We're all waiting on JBS to produce a high flowing one :D and with a hybrid turbo, 320bhp should be achieveable.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
For cost and reliability reasons I think 290bhp would be the target power to aim for. I've heard of so many problems with aftermarket manifolds and turbos.

Dara O' C

Is fitting an air recirculating valve a good idea??? and I was going to add an induction kit but a mate of mine who ownes an S3 reckons a panel filter is the way to go???

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
If you want louder induction noise then add a good cone filter with a heat shield and remove the engine sound proofing from the underside of the bonnet.

If you want it a little quieter then just uprate the panel filter. Performance between the two will be negligable I'd say.

Forge diverter valve is a very good choice. You get better response from it and longevity too.

JamJay

California Bound
Aftermarket manifolds to date have been rubbish so the one in production by JBS at the moment is looooong awaited. Finally a good quality, high flowing cast manifold will be available for the LCR but I think we'll be waiting a few more months for it yet.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
If you decide to go the "more induction noise" route, changing to a silicone turbo inlet pipe increases the sound of the turbo spooling up a little.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Aftermarket manifolds to date have been rubbish so the one in production by JBS at the moment is looooong awaited. Finally a good quality, high flowing cast manifold will be available for the LCR but I think we'll be waiting a few more months for it yet.

Bill is drumming up interest in his section at the moment about an alternative
The OE one is removed and some sort of media ran through to enlarge and smoothen
Fitment should remain perfect and bill says 20% increase in flow

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise